Speakers under $3-4,000?

Have MC2500, need some speakers and don't have an unlimited budget. Used of course. Have a big sub I can use if necessary.
climbmadone

Showing 2 responses by ckoffend

My few cents worth based on your stated amplifier and budget:

Gemme Audio Katana's are great and will fall in the middle of your budget ($13,000 when new for the V2s). I have a pair of these and also a pair of Wilson Watt/Puppy 5s and after 6 months still can't determine which is a better speaker for my tastes and which ones to keep/sell.
The Thiel 2.4's were a good rec., but why not also consider the 2.2's which sound very, very similar and can be had for about $500 (a cheap way to determine if you like Thiels).
Dynaudios are another good recommendation.

I have a lot of respect for Elizabeth, but I am not so sure about the Mags unless you have already listened to them and know you like their sound. I know E will probably dispute this, but I think they are a higher maintenance speaker when buying older used ones than MOST people want to deal with. If you are going Mags, I would find a dealer and consider buying new or at least a later mfg. pair locally (which she suggests anyway).
James63, do you run the Studios? I have been looking at a pair recently. If you do now or in the past run/ran them, what amps did you use? I am not trying to hi-jack the thread since your comments on them would be worthwhile (hopefully) to both the OP and myself. Thanks