Speakers with the most detailed midrange? (non-ESL/planar)

Anyone care to give their opinion on what dynamic speaker has the most detailed/revealing midrange? Not including electrostatics or planar speakers. Approximately between the frequencies of 400Hz to 3kHz. Also, just to clarify what I mean by detail: when there is a musical passage that entails many different layers of instruments, the speakers' ability to separate all the elements so all the instruments are heard clearly and nothing is obscured. Also the ability to retrieve every last bit of information on a recording, such as random sounds in the studio, distortion in recordings and reverb tails.

As far as price goes... 2 categories... below $12,000 USD (new) and any price range. Thanks.
woofer72
I have heard a number of dynamic speakers with extraordinary detail through the midrange but none that have sounded musically correct to my ear. They either have a very forward presentation and/or provide an unbalanced perspective and/or have incorrect tone. I'm not sure I could live with a speaker that emphasizes midrange detail at the expense of other sonic parameters. I'd much rather have slightly less information but a balanced presentation that gets the tone throughout the mids correct. Speaker design is all about tradeoffs....
Different designers have taken different approaches to dealing with what might be the greatest problem faced by all box speakers - the internal pressure behind the cone.

Some go for ported designs like Harbeth with their proprietary radial cone material.

Some go for sealed boxes like ATC with their highly acclaimed midrange unit.

Others, like the fabulous Kerr Acoustic K320s I heard a couple of months ago feature transmission line loading. As do the highly regarded PMC brand.

And then there's some who go for partial or total open baffle designs. There was a lovely sounding model from ProAc a few years which had nothing behind the midrange. It's difficult to think of any popular open baffle designs but the Linkwitz LX521.4 and the previous model the Orion must be in the running also.

Rethm Audio speakers. Single driver augmented by an internal self powered sub is pretty tough to beat for mid-range clarity. 
I have to agree with dodgealum, what is the obsession with detail? I think most would agree that digital formats provide more detail than does analogue playback but vinyl generally gets chosen as a better sounding experience.
What is detail in a speaker ? Is it actually a slight rise in treble and mid bass ? When listening to a flat speaker like ATC they seem to be very detailed yet have no tilt . I think what we perceive as details is a slight increase in mid and highs . Thoughts ?