Streaming Audio is Trying My Newbie Patience. Help

PC rookie here, trying to learn.

I purchased Amarra HiFi and cannot get it to work when streaming Internet radio. I also downloaded the trial of Amarra 3.0 which theoretically does play streaming files,, but still no luck. I've also tried a few of the other players, Decibel, JR River, etc and still am baffled.

All players will work with my iTunes playlists. But improving streaming radio is also a priority.

My main computer is a MacPro 3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xenon. 10 gigs RAM. OS 10.8.5.

My laptop is running OS 10.6 , Intel, 2 gigs RAM.

I've uninstalled all programs and reinstalled. I've deleted every plist I can find relative to those programs. I've started and restarted both computers. I am very keen on making this work. :)

Thanks for any suggestions.

Ps
ps

Showing 2 responses by zd542

I think you may need to buy an add on, or some type of upgrade to use Amarra for streaming.
"- Click Activate to access the activation window

- Enter your code (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx), email address (yyyyyyyyyy), and current pw (zzzzzzzzzz0) in the spaces provided

- Click Activate again and when asked for a new pw, create your own new, unused password up to 16 characters long and enter in the space provided

- Click ‘OK’ and you should be all set."

Do you have to de-activate Amarra before you activate a reinstall? Sometimes software companies make you do it this way in an attempt to keep apps installed on only 1 computer at a time.

Also, I would post your problem on computeraudiophile.com. Its not my favorite place to go because its more computer than audiophile with them. But for a technical problem like this, they're very good. I'd be very surprised if someone over there couldn't help you.