Suggestions for Class D amplifiers with Marantz AV7704 and B&W cdm9nt combo for HT.

I am considering class D options for a multi channel HT setup. Partly because of where the amps have to go ( enclosed cabinet.  Not sure if fans will be enough to keep other amps cool enough.

I acquired a Marantz AV7704 and plan to use my current speakers ( B&W cdm 9nts and mated surrounds etc ) and so last piece is the amp. 

Are the current class D amps capable of reproducing solid sound quality across the board?

Used is okay. I was looking at:

wyred4sound
Red Dragon
ATI Hypenx

Will any of these mix well with my setup? If so - what else would you suggest to make the most of the gears? Certain fuses, power cords, ICs, etc... suggestions welcomed.

Are there other class D solutions that are a better fit?
lightfighter2018

Showing 2 responses by lightfighter2018

Thanks to all who have responded.

If given the choice -- Class AB is still the go-to choice? I was looking at the cabinet again - as a Class D choice is not my first choice - and I can install thermo-controlled fans in the cabinet to bring in cooler air and exhaust hot air... or I can leave the doors open during use I guess.

I will check out the amps  you suggested.

@geek101 

I am not familiar with Apollon.  Have heard of Nord. But know nothing about them. Will check both out.  

@caphill  I admit I don't know as much as others here in A-gon, but as I understand it in the class D space - anemic presentation - is still a byproduct that hasn't been resolved to the same substance and - for lack of a better term - meatiness of  the AB class gear.  As stated - everything is better today even class D. Which makes it all the more difficult for guys like me with limited funds to make a decision that I need to live with for a duration vs changing out gears every few months or years.  And trying to figure out which amp goes with what speakers is a daunting task - albeit - part of the fun of audio. But with the advent of SO many more choices than there were just 15 years ago -- it makes it all the more complex an issue of finding what works and what doesn't.

@erik_squires 

Reliance on the SMEs in A-gon has been very helpful.  So thanks to all who take the time to contribute.