Tannoy gold 12" cabinets

Hello. I am looking for a recomendation on cabinet size for my newly aquired 12" gold monitors. I have done the usual searches but have not found exactly what I am looking for yet.

Thanks for any help you can provide
128x128pkvintage
I am not an expert- you may want to check out the site diyaudio to get more info. That's a great resource. 

Having played around a bit with my own speakers I can suggest if you go ported use some interior wall lining and minimal stuffing. You want to retain the 'life' but still decrease back reflections through the cone. That's a tough balance to find. 

Also if port use two ports for each speaker it seems to work better for a larger driver. Don't be tempted to tune the Fb too low. That driver you may find a tuning of anywhere from 45hz to 52 hz works better in that size cabinet than something lower. ymmv. 

Build the cabinet so it's somewhat easy to pull the back off or the driver out to make adjustments. 

There are some great modeling programs available. They can work well I think- but in your room it really may boil down to trial and error once you have it fairly close by spec. 

Cheers,
RW

Thanks for the info, I will be interested in hearing how you like your Tannoys once the cabinets are completed. My existing cabinets are approx. 22" x 22" 16" (outside measurements) and look like these:

https://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/649427451-tannoy-monitor-gold-12s-with-stuart-cabinets/image...

Building new cabinets myself is not really feasible for me, but I would be willing to have some modifications done if I thought the improvement would be worth it.  Perhaps raising them up and making the grilles removable would be worthwhile.

They are beautiful. I am not knowledgeable enough to suggest improvements on those. 

I would sign up for the email list on the the Tannoy blog that hans Runs.

https://www.hilberink.nl/codehans/tannoy100.htm

You will get exactly the information you need as i am sure it has been done many times before. Maybe just some internal bracing and yes get the center of the speakers to ear level for your listening position. Probably around a 22" quality speaker stand. 

It will be about a month to finish them as my cabinet shop is backed up at the moment. 
I have 12 inch hpds in new very heavy birch cheviot cabinets. They are not very large.  The sound is amazing. I may get a second set of speakers for another system in the future but I’ll never part with these. The vintage tannoy sound is special. Fwiw think Nelson pass uses vintage tannoy in his own system. 
i think Nelson is hooked on the JBL Jubal, but who knows..
stick w the Tannoy and your cabinet project..

Islandman, Whidbey is lovely..stop by for a listen IF ya get down my way to Seattle sometime.....I have room for just about every loudspeaker faith..

and Van Isle is magical....spend my summers chasing fish around at rock....hence my moniker..

have fun

and dont forget really do try to get tweeter at ear height, no matter what the KEF dealer says...ha