Tastes change with age?

Felt old, today, when I was seemingly unreasonably annoyed when a kid drove by in a rattling junk car with a boomin' system.  Pretty sure the kid thought it sounded good.

It's unreasonable, because I may or may not have once been a kid in a rattling junk car with a ridiculous set of subwoofers who may or may not have thought it sounded good at the time.  I guess tastes change with age, wisdom, exposure, and experience.  A "friend" might have once been able to stomach some Mad Dog 20/20 Orange Jubilee but now thinks he appreciates terroir.

Aside from perhaps having more "disposable" income as "audiophiles" age or moving with technology, might others prefer different types of music/gear than they once upon a time did?
stfoth
As in life you are either getting better or getting worse , it would be strange if tastes din't at least modify over decades .
I have noticed that with druggies I've known they seem frozen in time .
Walking dead?
So true, schubert. Especially old potheads, who just can’t let go of the late 60’s, which they remember as being so groovy. Good riddance. I hated tie-dye and bell bottoms, hippie bands, and organic food (the worst thing I ever tasted was a pumpkin pie made with the innards of a real pumpkin). I did really like, however, tank top/wife beater t-shirts without bras that hippie chicks wore ;-).
Yep, I still listen to old hippie bands, or "Jam Bands" if you will. Luckily they keep putting out new recordings (usually of older concerts) so I'm not getting anywhere near bored with it yet, even after 40+ years. Right now I'm listening to a live moe. album from the 90's & loving every minute of it. Earlier it was JGB.   

bdp24, I did buy Brian Wilson's "Smile" cd on your recommendation. Although I'm still not a fan, I can see where the appeal comes from. He is very talented.  
Ouch, @bdp24 !  I loved heavy rock as a kid, and dig it even more now, though it's not mainstream stuff, the more obscure the better sometimes- proto metal, early prog, post psych stuff. Not flowers in your hair, but still stoner music. I've sort of regressed- I listened to and collected lot's of classical (still have most of it), jazz standards (ditto, though never bought the original Blue Notes), and lot's of other stuff that was floating around in the audiophile community over the decades, from soundtracks to pop to the usual warhorses. 
But, at a certain point, I just wanted to hear heavier rock -- not classic rock-- which is as tired and overplayed as anything else, but stuff that was dark, dynamic, and mixed lyrical passages with deep bass and other instruments. 
I'm kind of all over the place taste wise, from the UK folk movement to some of the stuff Opeth and Steve Wilson do, mixing in spiritual jazz like some of those records on Strata East with manic Jap Rock like that Satori album. 
I know by the time I'm at the nursing home, i'll be into Slim Whitman. 

boxer12---Did you get the Smile album that Brian did with his current band (entitled Brian Wilson Presents Smile), or the Smile reissue of the original 66-7 recordings? If the former, consider getting either the double-CD or double-LP of the latter. The original recordings are different from the new, very dark and spooky, almost creepy, but also with a lot of subtle humour (Smile lyricist Van Dyke Parks is a very funny, sly guy). There is also a massive 6-CD boxset that contains every take of every song (including those with false starts, mistakes, rehearsals, etc.), but that’s for hardcore fanatics only.

There is also a documentary on the album, culminating in the premier live performance of the album in London in the early 2000’s. It’s magnificent! Smile was a massive undertaking, very complex for Pop music. There was a lot of music just starting to get made in 1967 that flattered itself as being progressive, but most of that sounds childish compared to Smile.

whart, if you haven’t discovered them yet, check out Love Sculpture, the Welsh band fronted by the great Dave Edmunds, later of Rockpile, one of the greatest Rock ’n’ Roll bands ever. Love Sculpture was an oddity, doing not just one style of music. They gained notoriety for performing Sabre Dance by Classical composer Khachaturian, which was inspired, it is said, by Keith Emerson’s work. I much prefer Dave’s solo albums that followed, where he focusses on 50’s Rock ’n’ Roll (he’s the best Chuck Berry-style guitarist I’ve ever heard) and early 60’s Pop (he figured out how to recreate Spector’s Girl Group Wall Of Sound). But then I'm not a Mod, I'm a Rocker ;-).