Tekton Design's new THE PERFECT SET equals "goosebumps time"

Just got in house for review for hometheaterreview.com Tekton Design’s new, The Perfect SET, which is close to 100dB efficient and never dips below 8 ohms, which Eric built to be used with SET "flea watt" amplifiers. It is a front ported design using a 12 inch woofer and his patented array of small transducers that function as a midrange driver with a single tweeter in the middle. I set them up in a system with a great 2A3 SET amplifier and found them so superlative I did not stop listening for over five hours! Taking about "goosebump time" the music was so beautiful that
I lost track of time.

These speakers have all the virtues of the other Tekton speakers, speed, utter transparency/micro-details, great soundstaging, and that special "aliveness" that I experience when I listen to my Ulf’s. What really amazed me was what the Perfect SET was delivering on the bottom end frequencies, subterrainian/taut powerful bass, that was shaking the room, all coming from at most 2.5 to 3 watts.

If you love SET amplifiers this speaker is a match made in heaven, and remember this pair just arrived and is not totally burnt in yet.

teajay
Post removed 
Someone a few threads back suggested flying out to Salt Lake to check Tekton speakers out. Certainly cheaper than returning them. However, I will point out that I attempted to do that last August.  Eric told me that unfortunately, he doesn't have the space to manufacture and demonstrate his products in the same building.  I was told, at the time I wanted to visit his factory, the only speaker I could listen to would be the DI. (that wasn't the one I was considering).  Disappointed, but no hard feelings.
@johnmarzy  Wow , a company that has no factory to show off let alone demo their proud work, No dealers to demo?  A leap of faith for $400 to try !

There have been many You get a Rolex for a Timex companies come and go in this game. To be To be valid and Real a company must provide a tangible product . fed by dealer demos and customer service.

You should have booked your flight  anyways to Utah and went to a WORLD class speaker company that would have been glad to allow a factory demo as well as explain how a real speaker is manufactured and made with top quality parts and service. Oh yeah ! They even give you grills with your speakers you purchase. What a concept !
I have only once heard a single model of their speaker, the Double Impact, at the Capital Audiofest in 2017.  I thought it was a very good sounding speaker.  For my particular taste, it seemed to be a good bargain, but, there are certainly other speakers that compete at their price point (e.g., Rethm Bhaava).

Do the Double Impacts beat some speaker costing many multiples of its price?  For my taste, yes, of course it does.  There are many speakers that sound better to me than stuff that is much more expensive.  That is the case because taste/priorities vary.  That does NOT mean that the pricier stuff is a rip off or that the cheaper stuff is a spectacular bargain--the value still depends largely on personal preferences.  The only time a review that says--that one particular item sounds better than another at three times the price-- has some meaning would be if the two items being compared sound identical (to the reviewer anyway).  Most of these types of claims involve wildly different sounding gear so the comparison has no meaning.  

I don't know personally about the business practices of Tekton.  But, I don't see anything wrong with the practice of permitting in-home audition with a $400 return fee if the item is not purchased.  In-home audition involves considerable cost and risk--inspection and testing of the returned product, re-packaging, losses due to damage, etc., and the fee constitutes one form or risk sharing.  Buying at a store involves a different bargain--one hears the speaker, but not in one's own home, and the cost is about twice as much.  

Cap you are talking about Wilson’s right? If you have the money why not? With all the negative comments that tekton get from Agon, they continue to have more orders.