The Beatles

What the hell is the fascination with the beatles??? Please can anyone tell me why anybody likes them??? They were horrible musicians, their music was sugarcoated pop with cute hooks and they took themselves to be serious music writers with a message. Beethoven would probably would have laughed
shubertmaniac
Well, he might not laugh, but he might "roll over" in his grave at the ridiculous comparison! (hehe) Well said, Rackon!
God I am laughing so hard. It's 1965 me and boys are driving in my 1963 Plymouth Fury with a 383/dual quads/hooker headers/cheater slicks etc. Trying to score with some chicks. We are listening to WKBW in Buffalo NY the Animals It's My Life comes on; were hooting and hollering;life is good;what comes on next Paperback Writer; move on to WLS in Chicago;Get Off My Cloud is playing;life is good again; some Beatle Barf is next; change stations to Boston's WBZ the Kinks' All Day and All Night is playing; life is good again. Meet some girls at the local Mickey Ds; she asks "Don't you think the Beatles are boss". God am I good at lying through my teeth to get what I want. As the Big Booper once said.... You know what I need!!!!!!
oops. Bopper....hell I cannot even spell Schubert right my hero. Speaking of A. Bruckner,if you do not understand Schubert than you will not understand Bruckner;its that simple; Bruckner was never a disciple of Wagner although at first blush you might think so; but Anton is following Schubert's musical structures as well as Beethoven's. It is his orchestrations that are more Wagner's ie large number of of players,etc.
Hey looser boy Shubertmaniac. Some how the Animals and the Stones found themselves ahead of the Beatles. Think looser, how did the others get there audience. MICKEY D's? in 1964, go try to find a life, I know it's hard for loosers like you.
Rather than respond to the most blatently trolling post I've seen in years I'll ask: Isn't it absolutely astounding that the Beatles have moved more albums in the US in the year 2000 than any other band?