The Beatles

What the hell is the fascination with the beatles??? Please can anyone tell me why anybody likes them??? They were horrible musicians, their music was sugarcoated pop with cute hooks and they took themselves to be serious music writers with a message. Beethoven would probably would have laughed
shubertmaniac
oops. Bopper....hell I cannot even spell Schubert right my hero. Speaking of A. Bruckner,if you do not understand Schubert than you will not understand Bruckner;its that simple; Bruckner was never a disciple of Wagner although at first blush you might think so; but Anton is following Schubert's musical structures as well as Beethoven's. It is his orchestrations that are more Wagner's ie large number of of players,etc.
Hey looser boy Shubertmaniac. Some how the Animals and the Stones found themselves ahead of the Beatles. Think looser, how did the others get there audience. MICKEY D's? in 1964, go try to find a life, I know it's hard for loosers like you.
Rather than respond to the most blatently trolling post I've seen in years I'll ask: Isn't it absolutely astounding that the Beatles have moved more albums in the US in the year 2000 than any other band?
Did Clapton play the solo on The White Album, "While My Guitar Gently Weeps"? Frampton's and Stevie "Guitar" Miller's axes talked and I had thought that it was Harrison's that did the weeping.
Jademo, The London school of British imports were a much different breed from the Liverpool boys. They were going to make it in spite of the trash from the beatles. In fact the Beatles set back rock 10 years. Listen any American garage band worth their salt emulated the Animals, Rolling Stones or Yardbirds, that's why bad boys always get the chicks!! Is it not the reason for rock and roll, hey, do you know what rock and roll is slang for?????