The new Synergistic Research BLUE fuses ....

New SR BLUE fuse thread ...

I’ve replaced all 5 of the SR BLACK fuses in my system with the new SR BLUE fuses. Cold, out of the box, the BLUE fuses stomped the fully broken-in SR BLACKS in a big way. As good as the SR BLACK fuses were/are, especially in comparison with the SR RED fuses, SR has found another break-through in fuses.

1. Musicality ... The system is totally seamless at this point. Its as if there is no system in the room, only a wall to wall, front to back and floor to ceiling music presentation with true to life tonality from the various instruments.

2. Extension ... I’ve seemed to gain about an octave in low bass response. This has the effect of putting more meat on the bones of the instruments. Highs are very extended, breathing new life into my magic percussion recordings. Vibes, chimes, bells, and triangles positioned in the rear of the orchestra all have improved. I’ve experienced no roll-off of the highs what so ever with the new BLUE fuses. Just a more relaxed natural presentation.

3. Dynamics ... This is a huge improvement over the BLACK fuses. Piano and vibes fans ... this is fantastic.

I have a Japanese audiophile CD of Flamenco music ... the foot stomps on the stage, the hand clapping and the castanets are present like never before. Want to hear natural sounding castanets? Get the BLUE fuses.

4. Mid range ... Ha! Put on your favorite Ben Webster album ... and a pair of adult diapers. Play Chris Connor singing "All About Ronnie," its to die for.

Quick .... someone here HAS to buy this double album. Its a bargain at this price. Audiophile sound, excellent performance by the one and only Chris Connor. Yes, its mono ... but so what? Its so good you won’t miss the stereo effects. If you’re the lucky person who scores this album, please post your results here.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ULTRASONIC-CLEAN-The-Finest-Of-CHRIS-CONNOR-Bethlehem-Jazz-1975-NM-UNPLAYED-...

Overall impressions:

Where the RED fuses took about 20 hours to sound their best, and the BLACK fuses took upwards of 200 hours of total break-in, the BLUE fuses sounded really good right out of the box ... and that’s without doing anything about proper directional positioning. Not that the BLUE fuses don’t need breaking in, they do. The improvement continues through week three. Its a gradual break-in thing where each listening session is better than the last.

Everything I described above continues to break new ground in my system as the fuses continue breaking in. Quite honestly, I find it difficult to tear myself away from the system in order to get things done. Its truly been transformed into a magical music machine. With the expenditure of $150.00 and a 30 day return policy there’s really nothing to lose. In my system, its like upgrading to a better pre amp, amp, CD player or phono stage. Highly recommended.

Kudos to Ted Denney and the entire staff at SR. Amazing stuff, guys. :-)

Frank

PS: If you try the SR BLUE fuses, please post your results here. Seems the naysayers, the Debbie Downers and Negative Nellie’s have hijacked the original RED fuse thread. A pox on their houses and their Pioneer receivers.

Frank

128x128oregonpapa
Nonoise, Uberwaltz, Cleeds, thank you kindly for your gracious responses to my previous post.

Best regards,
-- Al

Nobody knows the ratio of Audiophiles who like $150 fuses to those who don’t care, and unless Geoffkait has access to data from the "Special Fuse Manufacturers Society" sales results, nobody has any idea how popular or otherwise they are in the audio geek community as a whole. I’m already aware of how successful SR fuses are because the owner pointed out that they’re making millions from them. On this particular thread, which the OP starts with a hyperbole filled promotional message, you’re very likely to get responses tilted toward the fan base. I get that. I can safely assume that 100% or so of the Blue Fuse fans spent 150 bucks on those fuses thinking they might improve the sound of their gear pile, and If I had done that I might also want some support and a forum to report on what a good idea that was. That's only natural. The fuses I tested were lent to me, so I had no money in the game. So the idea that "smart people with discerning ears, money, etc." like them has a lot to do with the fact they bought them in the first place…If "special" fuse makers sent samples to audiophiles who hadn’t thought much about fuses, and then said "if you like it please send me 150 bucks," I think the results may differ from the opinions here. I’m speculating of course. I certainly am aware of what fuses technically are there for, and admire them for selflessly performing the task of protecting my gear…thank you fuses. But how or why they possibly make the gear sound better, perhaps by massaging the protons or straightening out the current flow or vibrating less than otherwise due to being internally coated with graphene or Quantum Dark Matter or making better contact with contacts or being in the proper direction, still remains as an unexplained mystery. One thing I doubt anybody is going to do is open a Blue fuse and see what’s in there…too expensive for that. I know many otherwise rational people bristle at the fact that I seriously doubt they actually hear any sonic benefits from their fuses, but they shouldn't care much about that because, hey, they paid to hear those benefits and by gum they should hear whatever they darn well please!
Nonoise said of Almarg:
Your lawyerly skills were on full display.

I may be (and often am) mistaken, but I believe Almarg is actually a retired ee with a background in digital and analog circuit design for military and other critical applications!  Regardless, his comments are always well thought out, well written and courteously presented, to be sure  OTOH, I wish some of the lawyers I work with had his engineering skills AND most especially that the engineers that I work with had his "lawyerly" skills  ;-)

BTW, I've never seriously considered buying aftermarket fuses, I don't know if anything I've heard outside of my house had any, but given how full the rest of my life is, I've no interest in spending my listening time going down that rabbit hole. 

wolf_garcia
Nobody knows the ratio of Audiophiles who like $150 fuses to those who don’t care, and unless Geoffkait has access to data from the "Special Fuse Manufacturers Society" sales results, nobody has any idea how popular or otherwise they are in the audio geek community as a whole.

>>>>Wolfie, you probably didn’t realize it but your friend and humble scribe is an audio insider. I have access to data. Tons of it. I was in an online conference two days ago with principals of HiFi Tuning and Synergistic Research and a dealer for both. Keep in mind I’m not even counting the sales of Isoclean, Audio Magic, Furutech, Create, Audio Horizons, etc. Capish? As for ratios, there were a couple negatives mentioned here. There was you. Then there was moopman. Those are the ones we know of. My ratio of 0.001 is actually giving you the benefit of the doubt. 😀

Note to almarg: And this is the guy you are propping up?

Your friend and humble scribe
Hi Michael (Swampwalker),

While my background is mainly as you stated, Nonoise's statement was correct as I'm also a licensed attorney and patent attorney, with a JD degree as well as BSEE and MSEE degrees. Now fully retired, as you mentioned. And thanks for the very kind words!

Best regards,
-- Al