The Wall: Roger Waters 2010

Many of you know that Roger Waters is doing a 100 stop 30th anniversary tour of The Wall this year.

Anyone been to the show yet?
bjesien

Showing 6 responses by tvad

Where did everyone sit? Is there a prime seat location? I would think sitting very close could be a disadvantage for this show.
10-09-10: Bjesien
I'd say a prime seat is on the floor about 20 rows back. I've seen a few shows from here and would recommend highly.
That's kind of what I thought. In LA, those seats are only available through ticket brokers, and start at around $400/ea.
...postscript...Ticketmaster has listed "Premium" tickets for sale, and I bought a pair of 23 row floor seats for much less than what the ticket resellers were charging for similar tickets. Looking forward to the show.
The sound was very bass heavy but not too much high end so I did not need ear plugs...
Philjolet (System | Threads | Answers | This Thread)
Thanks for that information.

I actually bought two pairs of Etymotics "Baby Blues" earplugs for my wife and me because we are sitting in row 23, and because I damaged the hearing in my left ear at a show earlier this year (sat eighth row, and I did not plan ahead regarding earplugs...).
I saw the show last night in Los Angeles. It was certainly a production worthy of the admission price...both visually and sonically. I can't remember a live rock concert that sounded as good.

Did it ever cross anyone's mind that Roger might have been lip syncing during any of the songs...particularly those that required him to hit high notes?

Just wondering...he certainly sounded like time had stood still.
Roger's tour has concluded in North America. It continues in Europe in March 2011.