They Almost Never Quote A Price , Why?

Have you ever noted that most expensive audio gear web sites from manufacturer to retail stores withhold prices for most items.  I find this annoying, I can afford a certain level of expense but not any.  I know you can look for sales of used gear etc. etc. but I really want to see the regular retail price, it gives me something to think about or put money aside for. what are your thoughts abut this.
mechans

Showing 2 responses by polk432

I call after hours and leave a message to get a price that the dealer can leave on my phone message then call back if I feel the cost is worth it to me.  I can buy 100K speakers, but I still want to know the price, or I won't even bother with that company. They want you on the phone, so they can pitch their product or sell something else.
Orpheus 10 I could if I wanted to. It's cash, not a budget. I did my budgeting a long time ago. Whether I buy 100K speakers or not has nothing to do with why prices are not shown up front. I like to know what the cost is first. Just because I can, doesn't mean I think it is worth it. I love hot rod cars too, but would never buy one with an automatic. Others may think differently.