Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Prof,
Very interesting evaluation. My thoughts on the 2.7 as compared to previous models was that is was "smoother and more lush" as you say about the 3.7 in comparison. 
This is good stuff....I am appreciating your evaluation as are all reading this. (Who has this opportunity in their home!)
I still think, that it would be beneficial to compare the tilt of the 3.7 and try to match the same on your 2.7. it may give you a different impression, but maybe not - as I recall you were nearfield in you listening position.
I had a pair of 2.4's before my 3.7's.I think you can't go wrong with either the 2.4,2.7 or the 3.7's!i think the 2.4's do everything well!While I do like my 3.7's,I can't say they are many 1000's  of dollars better sounding then the 2.4's I had?Maybe keeping the 2.4's and investing 1000's more on better electronics would have been a better idea?I have noticed that my movies are more cinema like with the 3.7's.My problem is that I mess with my system too much,and never really let it break in before I change this or change that!Im definitely OCD!
prof,

I have a different take on spiking Thiels. I don't know if the 2.4, 2.7, 3.7 have a better system/ outriggers as mentioned earlier, but the 3.5s just had holes in the base that accepted the provided spikes.
Shortly after getting my 3.5s; "Sound Anchor" came out with dedicated stands for the 3.5s. I bought a pair and never looked back. You could use the new threaded spikes that came with the stands or use any spike you desired or Stillpoints of today. The benefit was not subtle. The other benefit was that you could finally level and plumb the Speakers. A not subtle benefit.

I tried tilting various speakers over the years but the Thiels are time aligned already. You can try it as  robinbarbour suggests. Personally I think Speakers are designed to be setup symmetrically, level and plumb. The more precise; The better. Hence, my use of a laser since Jim Smiths book. 1/16" accuracy. Another; Not Subtle benefit.
Any height difference due to spikes plus stands can be made up at the listening position.

Sound Anchor is still in business. I also had a pair of their stands for a pair of Wilson "Cubs" Anyway, very well made and beneficial to bass, soundstage and imaging.

A lot of listening and moving Speakers and more listening is enjoyable work , but still work .

If you are able; Take your time.

Best to you
Norb
Thank You jafant

Nice of you to ask , nothing as lofty  as what is sold on Audiogon.
Thiel CS2.7 ( only because I got them for less than 1/2 price New ! )
McCormack DNA-250 ( Conrad Johnson )
Gold Point passive preamp
Carver SD/A-490t CD player
( only because there is some music not available on Vinyl )
Sim Audio Moon LP110 phono preamp thru a regulated power supply
Merrill Heirloom TT with an upgraded RB300 tonearm
and a Grado Sonata Reference cartridge.
all thru Cardas Neutral Reference interconnects and speaker cables,
and arriving any day now a TT speed control from Mr. Merrill,
so I can finally play my favorite album 
David Crosby    If I Could Only Remember My Name
a 4 sided copy at 45rpm that I've had for over a year now.

the future upgrades planned
Tube phono preamp, Decware I think
Origin Live Illustrious Tonearm
and Soundsmith Aida or the Voice or maybe another Grado The Statement ?
Used /Demos most likely due to their prices.

As a true Audiophile or want to be , always looking to upgrade.

prof,

Plus All Thiel owners. Time and Phase Aligned. 1/4" with a tape or 1/16" with a laser ; Not Subtle Differences.

Best to All on this Journey 
nkonor