Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Good to see you- prof
Thanks! for sharing your experience with Mr. Rob Gillum.
Happy Listening!
hi thiel owners .

i just try a parasound hca3500 with my thiel cs6 . the result was quite good . high was detail and laid back , mid was thick , and especially the low was crazy as hell . i never imagine parasound will do this great with thiel . any of u using parasound ? i currently using bryston 7bst at this moment .

by the way i blown my mcs1 tweeter again . thinking not to do it at thiel because it just contiune to blown .sad.......

regards
i never imagine parasound will do this great with thiel . any of u using parasound ? i currently using bryston 7bst at this moment .

by the way i blown my mcs1 tweeter again . thinking not to do it at thiel because it just contiune to blown .sad.......
I use a Parasound A52 5-ch. amp to power 4 PSB Imagine Minis (surrounds) and a Thiel MCS1 (centre).

As for the blown tweeter (again), if you've fried the voice coil, that sounds like a clipping problem in the amp—if I understand the physics correctly.

I had the simular problem with the center stage ,
toe-in solved my problem , it took listening to classical music to fine tune it, the speakers are pointing about 16 inches out from each ear.  
Speaker placement and toe-in are personal and a great discussion .
the Prof has his speakers 8 feet apart and sits less than 7 feet away
and no toe-in,
you have yours 80 inches and sit 100 inches away , toe-in ?

I've tried to get into Rush , a few songs maybe but I just can't.
You have created an interest in Pierre Bensusan after listening to  allmusic's snippets of him, never heard of him before so thanks.

I had a very insightful workshop with Pierre, on right-hand guitar technique, decades ago.  To me, Rush only sounded good (particularly the drums) when Terry Brown was producing.  Basically, anything before Signals (1982).

The tweeters are pointing ~30 inches outside each ear, so maybe ~5-10 degrees toe-in?  Cannot be bothered to do the trigonometry.

I started from the Cardas' room node formula and adjusted from there.  I could incorporate the near field equilateral triangle as well, and move the seating closer, but then I'd be sitting too close to the projection screen (120" wide).  Everything's a compromise.

Cheers,
Warren

Good to see you again- claero-

I have often thought about the combo of an older Parasound HCA and Thiel speakers. I have heard the HCS 3500 and Bryston 7B ST/SST models , only in different systems. Keep comparing the (2) amps and posting your listening experiences.
Happy Listening!
Thanks! for chiming in-Warren.
I hope claero's amp is working properly. The HCA series is both powerful and high current John Curl designs.
Happy Listening!