Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
jon_5912

I share your sentiments with the 2.2, except in my case, it is model CS 2.4. This is a speaker in which one can solely enjoy the music with the most basic of gear set-up.

Happy Listening!
rosami

Tom offers excellent advice as always. Yes, it is possible to damage any driver from a failed XO. More to the point, a power amp clipping is certain to damage any driver.  Good to see you here.

Happy Listening!
Thanks guys. This info is helpful and will guide my decisions regarding next steps to take with my 3.6s. Think I have a lot to discuss with Rob G. - and some Google searches to do re bankruptcies 
Tom and All,
I hope you all had a great weekend!

This was the response I got from Rob regarding the aluminum caps on the 3.7s. "All CS3.7’s incorporated an aluminum cap. The earlier versions were anodized black, and there were some cases of the anodizing turning gold in color. The later CS3.7’s incorporated a Black Powder Coat on the caps, which would not change colors. I don’t know the serial number in which this change was made, but it was around the #800 serial number. No sonic issues with either version."