... thoughts on Taylor Swift's REPUTATION CD...

Hello to all... Am wondering how other audiophile folks who critically listen to music as coordinated recorded sounds access the newest offering from Taylor Swift.

PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT IF YOU HAVE NOT YET HEARD THE CD IN ITS ENTIRETY.
AND PLEASE LIMIT COMMENTS WITH REGARDS TO SOUND - NOT ALL THE OTHER STUFF (looks, dating, etc) 

I find the recording fairly well done: abit thumpy throughout (which seems to be the trend in pop/indie music for the masses), but highly divergent in tones, dynamics, and harmonies. Deep and wide soundstage... Most vocals (within my system) are believeable (for the most part) but sometimes muddy up at the complicated refrains with several overdubs of her voice...

I think this is a good stereo test recording. YOUR THOUGHTS APPRECIATED...
justvintagestuff
Not sure but on America's Got Talent the sound quality of the music is incredibly bad.

I have found that music with compressed DR sounds okay, or at least tolerable,  in the car. I'm assuming road noise etc pretty much masks any lower volumes anyway.
Tip for a natural recorded live album with very good DR. Mostly acoustic small big band:

Bo Kaspers Orkester - 10 låtar live (ten songs live).
You might not get the texts but fine and hard to describe music. Is it jazz, is it pop, is it blues, is it rock?...doesn’t matter much, just great :-)
gosta: thanks for the suggestion; always looking for new good stuff to listen to...

Are we talked out about REPUTATION?
do they (engineers, etc) do all this stuff to the music on SUPPOSEDLY LIVE TV SHOWS LIKE BRITTAN’S GOT TALENT, THE VOICE, SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE AND SO MANY MORE...

On a live broadcast or live-to-tape production, the video will be uncompressed HD and the live audio feed will be run thru a mixing console with EQ to correct for the acoustics of the venue. A moderate amount of compression is used to keep audio levels high and evenly balanced. This is the feed that goes out to the network operations center.

Inside the venue or studio there are engineers mixing the performances with a full compliment of audio gear; the same setup you would see when attending a concert. These engineers will mix the band or roll playback of the music for the performers. They work for the sound company and have rehearsed with the performers, singers, bands. They’re the guys applying the effects and compression.

So, the signal is sent out via satellite or land line, where more compression is added by each TV station, cable or satellite service.
I’ve worked on shows (mostly sporting events) where the audio sounds terrific thru our monitors in the truck or studio. I’ve later watched the program and heard how bad it sounds after it has been processed by the various broadcast facilities to get to the TV in the home.

An exception would be PBS airing concerts and other performances in high quality picture and sound. An opera or symphony would best be enjoyed by listening thru a home HiFi system.

I'd like to say THANK YOU to all who contributed here, some several times. I am glad that the topic 'sprouted several branches', because it broadened my base of listenable music to investigate, from like-minded individuals, who however trite it might seem to some for me to say, appreciate sound as well as the music it is conveyed through...

I wish you all Good Health, a memorable Thanksgiving, and The Best of the coming Holiday season - I Say Merry Christmas to All...