Top monitors 3K - 6K range

Hello all,

I am looking into some flagship monitors and I'd like some help/recommendations. I don't have a single sound I like and my tastes in music are pretty diverse too. Currently I have a few nice speakers including Harbeth SHL-5, B&W 805N, Magnepan 1.6 and PSB Imagine B. These speakers are all pretty different and I do like them all. I have owned Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor M which somehow did not do it for me, amazing imaging but a little thick. Also I have had the Merlin TSM MMI which was great but my amplification is SS which seems to cause some restrictions.

My room is 12x16, speakers on the short wall. I do tend to like a slightly warm sounds but I also love dynamics, pinpoint imaging and sexy looking cabinets.

I am currently looking into:

B&W 805D
Totem Mani 2 Signature
Dynaudio C1
Focal Micro Be
Usher BE-718
Volent VL-2
Evolution MMMicroOne

Any recommendations? Am I missing anything?
128x128michaelkingdom
Thanks for the unbiased, insightful and intimate review, Michael. I enjoy reading it. It deserves a new thread.
After receiving them last week, the Vapor Audio Cirrus definitely belongs somewhere near the top of this list
Many thanks to Michaelkingdom for taking the time to provide such a well thought out analysis. I'm sure your post will be very helpful to those looking for a good monitor.
Those attending the upcoming Axpona show in Chicago are invited to visit our room, 902, to listen to the Transmission Audio M1i Reference Monitors. $4500/pair.
Thank you. I did post the response in it's own thread so that it can be accessed by people seeking comparisons of those speakers.