Top music streamer for 2019? Aurender N10’s?

I will shortly be purchasing a Gryphon Diablo 300 integrated with its internal DAC module.  I’m now wondering what to do about a music streamer, as I’m doubting that my current stock Mac Mini with Audirvana will do justice to the Gryphon.  My budget is < 10k.  After scanning forums this is what I’ve found consistently:  1) Aurender is frequently recommended, seemingly more so than other brands, 2) the Aurender N10 sounds much better than the much less expensive N100H, 3) Any higher end dedicated streamer will elevate sound significantly over my Mac Mini.

So it appears my best option is the Aurender N10 other than the price tag.  My questions are:  1) Do people agree with the statements above?  And, 2) How do the much less expensive Moon Mind 2 and Bluesound products compare with the Aurender N10?  Is the difference large?  And, 3) How big is the sound quality increase going to a N10 from a Mac Mini, and what specifically are the differences I should expect? 

Thanks

nyev

Showing 1 response by psnyder149

Another vote for the Innuos Zenith...

I am the proud owner of an Aurender N100H as was a close friend of mine.  My friend had a situation that utilizing Roon would allow him to compensate for.  As a result, last year at Axpona I became aware of the Zenith and steered my friend to it.  He bought one of the last Mk II Special Edition.  Comparing to the N100H, the Zenith was a significant step up.  I have not heard compared to the N10...  But I can say the compared to the Zenith internal operating system complimented by the Roon system gives him a much improved user interface.  Duplicate file searching, file management, CD ripping, backup, networking capabilities and overall useage are just far superior.  I am a fan of Aurender, but their choices in operating software are going to leave them relegated to the dinosaurs of audio unless they can significantly upgrade.  My biggest problem is in managing my 2 TB library and inability to backup on the Aurender platform.  For these reasons alone, I would steer you towards the Innuos.  If you need help finding a dealer.  Private message me and I will send you contact information for the NA sales rep. 

I am happy with the Aurender, it is a solid system.  But in this case, the Zenith grass is just much greener!