True Sound Works Apogee Diva Ultimate - Any Good?

Based on a demonstration many years ago, Apogee Divas are my dream speakers. Consequently I would like to hear a pair of refurbished Divas versus, say, Wilson WP8 (or Sashas), Magico Q5 (or Q7) and a pair of Sound Lab Ultimate U-1PX. I would love to hear from anyone who has compared the Divas with any of these high end speakers.

My dream is to own a pair or True Sound Works Ultimate Apogee Diva refurbished speakers one day. Am I deluded versus what is available now?
mgattmch

Showing 1 response by parker65310

Hi All,

i know this is an old discussion, but detailed experience info on the Duetta Ultimate is spartan to say the least (other than people lusting after them). My dad and I are original owner of my Duetta Signature Series IIs (I inherited them from my dad and he ending up buying Martin Logans) and I literally grew up listening to these speakers. I made the grave mistake of shipping them from my dad to me via UPS. Now they have a bass buzz at very specific frequencies in the left channel (from being dropped, even though in custom made wooden crates that went around the original boxes/padding). Knowing that the acoustic foam, ribbon tuning, etc have to be addressed at some point, I’m looking to take these to the next level. I’m absolutely addicted to the sonic characteristics that comes out of the magnetostatic design. I saw in an old post that swordfis owned a pair of Duetta Ultimate that we’re traded for updated Stages. I’m concerned that they may veer from Jason Blume’s/ Leo Spiegel’s philosophy, but I don’t think that is the case. Rich @ True Sound Works describes them as “the originals on steroids (across the board)”. Please feel free to check out my virtual system for my current setup reference (It’s title “Matt Parker’s System”).
Could anyone that has owned the Duetta Ultimates describe to me their sound compared to the originals?
Thanks in advance!