UHA Reel to Reel/Tape Project opinions

I list this under analog because I feel it is the truest copy of master tape and is pure analog. The question is has anyone out there compared a UHA Phase 4 reel to reel deck with Tape Project tapes to any VPI reference scoutmaster or other reference table playback of records? Is it worth the $10k investment when there are only 20 current titles to choose from at $300 each?
My system details: Magnepan 20.1s, Pass Labs X250.5 amp and Xono phonostage, Audio Research Ref 3 preamp and Ref 8 CD player, Shunyata Hydra 8 and anaconda powercords, Audioquest interconnects.
powerdoctor
Powerdoctor, you are really asking two questions.....one of which can be answered pretty objectively, the other becomes a question of priorities.

does a high quality RTR deck (of which the UHA Phase 4 deck is one (possible) example) playing Tape Project tapes outperform a VPI Reference Scoutmaster?

no question, a big yes.....and it's not likely very close.

I would have to agree fully with this, I have a Scoutmaster and a subscription to the TP tapes. The tapes easily out perform my Scoutmaster and LP's. I have a few TP tapes and the same copy on vinyl and have done many comparisons, the tapes wins every time.
my experience is that hirez PCM is not even remotely close to a properly dubbed 15ips 1/4" tape copy of a tape. and really not close to a good Lp either (at least in my system to my ears).

Mike:

I have a 15 ips/2 track copy of KOB and it beats every LP copy I have, including an original Columbia and Classic reissue, hands down! :) Everyone who has heard the tape is speechless-you know the effect when a group of audiophiles stop talking and start listening :)

Myles
You live in New York :) Play you a Basie big band recording never ever issued from 1961 too. That'll knock your socks off too!

Myles