Vandersteen Treo CT

Hey guys. I am planning to purchase a pair of Vandersteen Treo CTs and looking for guidance from current owners about pairing them with my current equipment:
1. Simaudio Moon W-3 Solid State
2. Conrad-Johnson PV-14L Hybrid Pre-Amp
3. Oppo BDP 105D CD/SACD/DVD
4. Kimber 8TC speaker cable
5. Kimber Silver Streak Interconnect
6. Synergistic research interconnect
7. Current Speakers: Vienna Acoustics Mozart (originals)
8. Room dimensions: 14W x 23L x 9H

Once I replace the Mozarts with the Treo CTS, I have a few questions:

1. Will my components be able to drive the Treos?
2. Are these components a match for optimal enjoyment?

I would appreciate any other advice or recommendations you can provide. On a side note, Once I purchase the Treos, my budget is blown, so no upgrades for a while.

Thanks for listening and reading.

Cheers,

Steve
stevenyc

Showing 6 responses by tomic601

Steve: there are a lot of happy Treo and Treo CT owners here, so I expect they will weigh in with a wide range of user experience, system diversity and of course expectations....

call me biased with 3 pairs of Vandersteen including Treo CT. while I don’t listen very loud in a condo, I have heard them with > 100 wpc tube and SS power. I think they will shine with your neutral power amp. love the CJ also :-)

i am running mine on 40 WPC LiL Mule kicker NAIM amp but have also used a MC240. They are very neutral, image quite well even close to back wall and like most Vandersteen reward careful setup. Mine are wired w Kimber 12 TC in an internal biwire.

my reference system includes both the 7 speakers and power amp and I can say I listen to the Treo for many happy hours on end :-)

enjoy the music !!!!!!!
Steve - veneer prices change every day - that will be the driver....the really exotic stuff can double the price of TREO, really exotic... The ambrosia maple I used was I recall about a $500 upcharge.
I am sure Johnny R can point you to the veneer vendors website and get you a quote.

enjoy !!!!!
Steve - congrats man!!!!! How cool and fun :-) enjoy the journey and the music!!!!
post a photo in the virtual systems area also as I am sure the veneer will be stunning !!!!
jim
@ekimg brought his 22 WPC DHT Line Magnetic over and it was also up to the task.....

but yes, the LiL powerhouse NAIM Atom does well driving the TREO CT w just 40 WPC.....listening to Babylon by Bus right now.....groove on.....

this system resides in a condo, so massive eviction level SPL is never my goal....ha. But I am dying to bring my highly modified 40 WPC 1961 MC240 down for winter listening.......
I will see him this eve at Stereo Unlimited- he ran his model 7 for years with the vaunted MXR before creating his own amp.
i expect at least a chuckle when I mention even the lowly ( my words ) VLR demand MXR grade power !

i plan to duck......