Verity Audio midrange drivers?

In my search for new speakers, I auditioned the Verity Audio Finn at a local dealer. They were very musically absorbing, and may have nudged ahead of the B&W 803d on my short-list.

Going up the Verity Audio food chain are the Rienzi and then the Leonore, which I cannot audition locally.

My question is how do the quality of the midrange drivers compare between the Finn, Rienzi, and Leonore? Which of these speakers use the best midrange driver(s)?

Or put another way, if the midrange is important to you, which of these speakers stand out?

Regards,

Mark
toronto416
After much listening, research, thought and discussion, I am able to consider the Verity Audio Parsifal Ovation powered by a Luxman integrated amp (either the 590Aii or the 509u).

After hearing the Parsfals I knew that anything else would seem (to me) like a compromise. The music came alive and took my breath away, and they were powered with only 20 wpc (though pure class A, Luxman integrated).

All that is left is to choose between the two Luxman integrateds (590Aii or 590u) and a cdp, either a Luxman D-06 or an Esoteric X-05.

Almost there...

Mark

If you'd like to compromise further, this is coming:
Amadis ... sorry for the tease.

Luxman makes nice amps. The Lamm M1.2 is another one.
Mark:

You have gone through a very thoughtful process and received a lot of good advice. As a current owner of Verity and DeVore Fidelity speakers, I would offer some further comments for your consideration.

WRT Verity, I was disappointed in the Leonore's when compared to the Fidelio Encore's I own. The Leonore's go a little higher and deeper and are a little easier to drive, but when I listen to them, I do not hear the musical refinement and accuracy that are so abundant in the FE's. The Parsifal Ovation's are like FE's on steroids, although the Ovation's are harder to drive.

I realize you have not asked for alternative speaker recommendations, but I will nonetheless suggest that you consider auditioning the DeVore Fidelity Silverback's. At $16800 they are WAY underpriced IMHO, and are of course less than the Parsifal Ovation's. The Silverback's are the speakers that I can afford (if money were no object I would own the Shindo Latour's) that have stolen my heart and taken up permanent residence in my primary system, a system that over the past year began with the Sonus Faber Auditor M's, then the Verity FE's, and now (finally) the Silverback's. Like the Verity FE's, the Silverback's have a high degree of sonic refinement and accuracy. But what I greatly prefer about the Silverback's over the Verity FE's, Parsifal Ovation's, and even the Sarastro's to some degree, is how musically engaging the Silverbacks are. This is the one criterion that elevates the Silverback's over Verity in my experience. As much as I value refinement and accuracy in a speaker, in the end it must also be musically engaging. If you do audition the Silverback's, I would be curious to learn of your reaction to them versus the Parsifal Ovation's.

Good luck in your musical quest!
Thanks for your thoughtful responses.

I have an additional reason for choosing Verity, and that is that I am Canadian and want to support the best of Canadian audio (where possible).

The Verity Amadi sounds interesting - how much will it be? Is it replacing the Parsifal or is it lower in the food chain and replacing the Rienzi?

I want to add that this forum has been most helpful and informative. Many thanks to you all!

Regards,

Mark
I just checked the Verity Audio website - the Amadis is further UP the food chain than the Parsifal, and sits between the Parsifal and the Sarastro II.

The Amadis therefore fills the $15K price gap between the $20K Parsifal and the $35K Sarastro II.

I think that the Parsifal will be just fine for me!

Regards,

Mark