Vintage DD turntables. Are we living dangerously?

I have just acquired a 32 year old JVC/Victor TT-101 DD turntable after having its lesser brother, the TT-81 for the last year.
TT-101
This is one of the great DD designs made at a time when the giant Japanese electronics companies like Technics, Denon, JVC/Victor and Pioneer could pour millions of dollars into 'flagship' models to 'enhance' their lower range models which often sold in the millions.
Because of their complexity however.......if they malfunction.....parts are 'unobtanium'....and they often cannot be repaired.
128x128halcro
PBN, FYI, you're looking at a coreless motor.  They are built quite differently from the iron core motors used in both Denon and Technics DD turntables, in that you see no iron poles wrapped in coils of wire and in that iron core DD motors tend to be oriented vertically, shaped like a cylinder, whereas the TT101 motor and other coreless turntable motors are oriented in the horizontal plane.  Further,  "pound for pound", iron core motors will tend to have more torque than will coreless motors.  Plus, the latter have more issues related to cooling.  All that said, and given that you may know all of the above, IMO, coreless motors impart a certain effortless and very musical quality that is rather addictive. Of course, my opinion is based on the Kenwood L07D sound, since I have yet to hear my TT101.  Whatever one may say about the Krebs mod, data or no data to support it, to my ear the Krebs mod makes the SP10 Mk3 sound more like the world's best coreless-motor-driven tt than like the world's most powerful iron-core-motor dd tt (which it also is).  (I've got a DP80, too.  I kept it over the SP10 Mk2, because I thought it sounded better.)

Thanks for the update Peter.
I didn't know that you were actually getting a TT-101...
Will be following your comments as you delve into the morass...🤕

I'm happy to say my recently purchased JVC QL-F6 works and sounds great. It's not the most beautiful turntable I've seen but could look nice in a custom cabinet.
http://www.thevintageknob.org/jvc-QL-F6.html
A Victor TT-81 available for a song
http://www.hifido.co.jp/KW/G0301/P0/A10/E/0-50/S0/C15-01917-33022-00/
HiFiDo is an excellent Japanese Seller who tests each and every component before offering it for sale.
You can trust that this deck will work perfectly...and it has a one year warranty.