VPI Scout Set up

I think I want the VPI Scout. How easy/hard is it to set up and maintain? Suggested cartridge to match? I want good sound, dependability without a lot of hassles. New to the audio scene. Want to spend $3,500 or less on TT, cartridge and cables. Was considering the Prime but that looks intimidating to me to set up properly. Pairing with a MAC 6700 integrated amp and Audio Monitor Gold 300 speakers. Open to any and all suggestions. 
janunn
If you depend on a dealer you are lost.. To start with many know less than you and do sloppy work.
Buy a Mobile Fidelity Geo-Disc for 50 bucks , it works and takes about 5 minutes.
I mounted 5 cartridges in 5 head shells for my new Pioneer PLX-1000 (a killerTT) last month with a Geo-Disk and checked them with an Friechert
gauge, all good to go in less time you’d need to drive to dealer .
Audio does attract people with OCD , if you have it everything drives you nuts .
Where are you located janunn? Long-time VPI dealer Brian Berdan (son of legendary turntable set-up master Brooks Berdan, unfortunately R.I.P.) is an expert, trained by his Dad. He’s located in Pasadena, California at his shop Audio Elements, but can set-up a table and send it to you, you needing only to put the arm into it’s already mounted arm "sleeve" on the table. At least give him a call to inquire about tables---he’s a very nice guy. He set-up and installed Henry Rollins' table, as well as the big Wilson speakers he sold him!