VPI Scout Set up

I think I want the VPI Scout. How easy/hard is it to set up and maintain? Suggested cartridge to match? I want good sound, dependability without a lot of hassles. New to the audio scene. Want to spend $3,500 or less on TT, cartridge and cables. Was considering the Prime but that looks intimidating to me to set up properly. Pairing with a MAC 6700 integrated amp and Audio Monitor Gold 300 speakers. Open to any and all suggestions. 
janunn
Just a small piece of friendly advice - I have seen several audiophiles stop using analog because they cannot help constantly obsessing over whether the setup is just right.  This obsession completely overwealms them and interferes with their enjoyment of playing a record.  So I just say this - get your table, have it set up and enjoy.  You were very smart to buy from a dealer who is setting it up for you.  Don't worry about every little thing and obsess that the antiskate isn't right or the VTA is not spot on.  
If something does sound amiss, call your dealer to walk you through it and don't get crazy.  Try to enjoy.  
If you depend on a dealer you are lost.. To start with many know less than you and do sloppy work.
Buy a Mobile Fidelity Geo-Disc for 50 bucks , it works and takes about 5 minutes.
I mounted 5 cartridges in 5 head shells for my new Pioneer PLX-1000 (a killerTT) last month with a Geo-Disk and checked them with an Friechert
gauge, all good to go in less time you’d need to drive to dealer .
Audio does attract people with OCD , if you have it everything drives you nuts .
Where are you located janunn? Long-time VPI dealer Brian Berdan (son of legendary turntable set-up master Brooks Berdan, unfortunately R.I.P.) is an expert, trained by his Dad. He’s located in Pasadena, California at his shop Audio Elements, but can set-up a table and send it to you, you needing only to put the arm into it’s already mounted arm "sleeve" on the table. At least give him a call to inquire about tables---he’s a very nice guy. He set-up and installed Henry Rollins' table, as well as the big Wilson speakers he sold him!