Waaaah. Snapped off my cantilever.

Today I bumped the needle of my Dynavector XX-2 MkII, it's a big bucks cartridge for me, I've only had it about six months, and 2 of those months I couldn't use it because my pre-amp was in for re-tubing.

Makes me understand why some stick with CD's/Downloads and solid state equipment.

Looks like Soundsmith is the way to go to repair it, but please do chime in if you have any other recommendations. Thanks.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xdarkj
I got right back on the horse Vicdamone. It was a lesson I will never forget though. I was in the set up process, and looking back I realize that I was rushing it a little bit. I couldn't wait to listen to this big, expensive cartridge. LOL!!
As I was checking the VTF on the digital scale for about the 5th time, the tonearm slipped and the cantilever snapped. Lesson learned, NEVER rush setting up a cartridge, or changing LP's, take your time.

I'm not nervous anymore, but I take my time and move very deliberately these days. :)
Hi John, I see that it was you who had the experience. As I said in my response to your e mail, sorry to read the news. If you go the Delos route, you won't be disappointed. Thanks again for looking at my ad. Bruce
I just had Andy repair 3 cartridges. turn around time was about 2 weeks after he got them. Havent got them back yet to see, but other work he has done for me has been first rate. I have also had Soundsmith do some cartridges, and they were excellent too, but about 12 weeks turn around time. Prices are comparable.
I recall the amount for a factory repair of an XX2MKII was $975, but that was a couple of years ago. I can't see any reason to spend that much, when the end result for a SS retip is a better sounding cartridge than the factory retip.

Dan