Wadia 861se with GNS vs Esoteric or Emm players

Hello, I'm ready to send my Wadia 861se to Great Northern Sound in the next month for their Reference upgrade. Would I be better off selling the 861se and finding a used Esoteric X-01 or Emm Labs transport&dac. Having SACD might be kind of nice. Has anyone compared these three? Thanks! Stan
talon4
Goatwuss, I feel that since the availability of sacd soft-ware is limited (in the type of music I care for) and the quality of the sound that I"am getting from Steve's statement upgrade, that sacd in "my" musical world is moot.....8^)
Thanks for all your responses. After weighing everything out and talking to Steve @ GNS, I've decided to send my 861se in for the Statement upgrade in early January. Steve said that the 581 is a better cd player in some ways, but the 861se with Statement upgrade will have better bass authority and the SE transport mechanism and tray are built like a tank. Since I listen to alot of music from the early 1970's--(Hendrix, Yes, Pink Floyd, Clapton), I feel that this is a better direction to go. Thanks again for taking the time to answer my question. Best wishes. Stan
>> 12-11-06: Talon4
>> Steve said that the 581 is a better cd player in some
>> ways, but the 861se with Statement upgrade will have
>> better bass authority and the SE transport mechanism
>> and tray are built like a tank.

Talon4, I have the 861SE with the GNSC Reference upgrade. it's a great sounding player even more so w/ the upgrade. I can vouch for the drive mechanism being built like a tank.
I wonder how the 861SE with Ref upgrade stacks up against the stock 581 & the 581 with Ref upgrade?
I hope that Steve from GNSC will chime in here OR any other member who has this experience. Thanks!
Talon4, Congrats on your decision to send your 861se to Steve for the statement upgrade, you are going to be one happy camper upon its return..8^) Give the unit a little time to burn in, then its off on a musical journey par excellence...