Wadia modification

I am thinking of sending my Wadia 850 for a modification but wonder how are these guys ...care to share, anyone? http://www.greatnorthernsound.com/homepage/Products/Modifications/Modification_Packages.htm
nex-wave627c

Showing 1 response by tony007

Yes, Steve can be a tough one to reach once in a while. He is taking care of Wadia's service related issues as well as still managing to dish out the upgrade goods to us. I had been speaking with Steve for about 6-8 mo. before ever sending my player to him. I had an 860 upgraded to an 861 by Wadia just before their departure. I broke the unit in and was very pleased with the 861 performance. I then sent it immediately to Steve for a major rework. We discussed the proposed mods and in the process came up with a few more to add to the "grocery list". Let me tell you this. This reworked player is amazingly good for 16 bit digital! I run my player using algorithm (B). Partnered with the new Rowland 12's, King Cobras and Silversmith cables and N801 speakers my system elicits performance that I have not experienced yet in the high end. Performance aspect that are important to me are a systems' ability to be very musical, delicate and detailed and exhibit coloration free music and at the same time unleash heartstopping bass transients. That describes my system to a "T". The rythym and pacing is up with the fastest systems that I have heard. Keep in mind I am the Wadia 861 directly into the Rowland 12's. The results I am getting are only possible because of the mods that Steve did. You know the old saying... Garbage in, etc... My next equipment move will be to a new format high rez. player and yes Steve will once again have to work some of his magic.