Wadia modification

I am thinking of sending my Wadia 850 for a modification but wonder how are these guys ...care to share, anyone? http://www.greatnorthernsound.com/homepage/Products/Modifications/Modification_Packages.htm
nex-wave627c
Hi, Steve at GNS is wonderful to work with. If he tells you something you can count on it. He recently modified an ARC SP9 MKIII for me and the results were spectacular. You can count on good results. Richard
Not sure about that...I am still trying to get him to reply my two emails. He is not helping in my confidence level, especially for the uninitiated like myself.
Yes, Steve can be a tough one to reach once in a while. He is taking care of Wadia's service related issues as well as still managing to dish out the upgrade goods to us. I had been speaking with Steve for about 6-8 mo. before ever sending my player to him. I had an 860 upgraded to an 861 by Wadia just before their departure. I broke the unit in and was very pleased with the 861 performance. I then sent it immediately to Steve for a major rework. We discussed the proposed mods and in the process came up with a few more to add to the "grocery list". Let me tell you this. This reworked player is amazingly good for 16 bit digital! I run my player using algorithm (B). Partnered with the new Rowland 12's, King Cobras and Silversmith cables and N801 speakers my system elicits performance that I have not experienced yet in the high end. Performance aspect that are important to me are a systems' ability to be very musical, delicate and detailed and exhibit coloration free music and at the same time unleash heartstopping bass transients. That describes my system to a "T". The rythym and pacing is up with the fastest systems that I have heard. Keep in mind I am the Wadia 861 directly into the Rowland 12's. The results I am getting are only possible because of the mods that Steve did. You know the old saying... Garbage in, etc... My next equipment move will be to a new format high rez. player and yes Steve will once again have to work some of his magic.