Want to upgrade my cartridge from 2m blue to black

My first post here on the forums and I needed an honest opinion. I have a cheap music hall mmf 2.2 turntable with 2m blue installed. I like the sound but was wondering if I can get better details from upgrading to a black cartridge on my basic turntable. Would it be worth it? I’m definitely an analog lover but am budget constrained. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
tubelvr1
@jji666 why do you think a tube phono stage (especially a cheap one) is a good idea ? After a years of tube rolling with some expensive NOS tunes i ended up with SS gear and it is so much better. Regarding the phono stage i think the tube must be avoided.

As for the stylus upgrade you're right. 
I am listening to an old NOS Sonus Gold Blue MM cartridge.  I also have an older Pickering XSV 3000.  After listening to these cartridges, I see no reason to entertain MC cartridges beyond my Lyra Delos.  No reason.  I am getting older so maybe my ears are going but on the 1200G these MM cartridges sound just incredible.
@jji666 why do you think a tube phono stage (especially a cheap one) is a good idea ?

A few responses:

(1) I introduced this as a pro-fun suggestion. Tube rolling, especially if one has never done it, is pretty fun. Plus with a relatively inexpensive piece of gear the stakes are low.

(2) "Cheap" is in the eye of the beholder. The OP’s budget implies "cheap" relative to many posters here, but you can get a phono preamp for well less than $100 that technically does the RIAA curve correctly (not that I would...). A $200-$400 phono preamp can be pretty decent and about what is appropriate as a mate for the turntable.

(3) Audio is a journey. While I am usually of the mindset that when you have the upgrade itch you are better off focusing on one big leap upgrade versus a bunch of smaller purchases, analog/phono based upgrades go steep pretty quickly. I was thinking that tube rolling would be a fun experience and allow for an exploration of various sounds based on tube etc.

(4) I did say that the MS-12b is not quiet, so I can see your point. However, short of power tubes that can be much, much more expensive, I found that tube rolling with a phono preamp made the greatest difference relative to rolling in other gear. Your mileage may vary, but that was my experience.

(5) Note the OP's name...

Point being, if the OP wants one of those experiences where he/she wants to relisten to all the vinyl through a new lens, this would be a good way to do it. Spending only on a cart upgrade as with the current TT, and the OP doesn’t have the budget to really do a great TT upgrade and new cart, would likely top out performance based on the TT ceiling. A tube phono preamp is a way to try out different sounds and enjoy an analog feel with old school tubes on that budget.
Chakster - I'm going to try that Astatic MF100 on your recommendation - I do most of my listening with top flight MC - have curtly installed A90/Lyra Olympos/ Lyra Atlas/ Ortofon Cadenza Black/ and the 2M Black on a "red" body :-) - you know the thing that can't be done

Good Listening

Peter 
@pbnaudio good, remember it was one of Raul’s favorites back in the day in MM thread. For higher price that seller may have Glanz MFG-610 LX (you can ask). Glanz is better (different cantilever and different tip), but for double price. The seller is legit, some other audiogon members bought stuff from him (me too). But for whatever reason you can always return a cartridge under paypal buyer's protection with no loss.