What are the best speakers you have ever owned and why?

I just recently recieved my long awaited Shahinian Diapason 2’s from Vasken And they are absolutely spectacular! This got me thinking about my long journey to get here. Bless my wife for putting up with the many many many speakers that have passed through. The lifelong saga began with Magneoan MG 1’s back in college which were replaced by Dahlquist DQ 10’s. Then we traveled down a long road of speakers and systems. Magnepan Tympanis, Misson 770, Randall Rsch DQ10’s, Quad ESL single and stacked, Acoustat II, rogers LS3/5A’s, Linn Isobarik’s (2 pairs) B&W 801 Matrix, Hales Signature, Martin Logan Monolith2, Apogee Scintilla (1 ohm) Apogee Full Range, Theil SC 5A, Egglestonworks Andra, B&W Nautilius 801,Quad 63 and some I’m sure I forgot! Each speaker had its virtues and flaws but oh what a fun and a times frustrating trek! I think I have finally found my speaker to take me to retirement they do everything that I value wonderfully . They are detailed without sounding so, very dynamic, they have great low end reach, power and detail, are open sounding like a planner, their tonality and timbre seem spot on and they sound wonderful on any kind of music. Tell me about your journey!
hamr
Audio Note AN-E SEC Silver. I bought these used 15 years ago and have been extremely happy with them for my favorite type of listening.  I think they shine best on mid-range stuff, like vocals, sax, acoustic guitar, etc.  Sinatra's voice sounds amazing on them; round, full, live, emotive.  Also acoustic bluegrass, chamber music, and jazz are wonderful.  Every string pluck is distinguished and every blend is smooth.  Probably not my favorite for hard-hitting electric rock or full orchestra, but I've never heard a speaker that did everything well.  Horns probably come closest. 
Favorite Speakers - BOZAK  Symphony's 1969-1994. Still miss them.

Favorite 2018-2019 - Harbeth HL5Plus

Have also had AR ?, B&W 803's.

Wish List - Harbeth 40.2 Anniversary
I have to go with richopp69. While I remember DQ-10s sounding clear years ago, nothing, not even $50,000 speakers come close to Magnepans. 0.7s are my favorites because they are simple two way speakers and I do not trust pure ribbon tweeters because they are too delicate. It does take a few weeks to position them right but they are easy to move and to experiment with pillows duck-taped to walls and floor to find out you probably do not need much if any acoustic treatment.
Box speakers and the braces to diminish the cabinets adding to the sound is what Jack Northrup called inventing a rubber glove to solve the problem of writing with a leaky fountain pen. I also am not crazy about the notch filters and the crazy gradients of impedance with respect to frequency of cone speakers.
B&W Matrix 801-S2's
I've owned many speakers over the years (i'm 53) and I bought these used in 1997 for $2200. I've tried several times to replace them with other speakers in the 5k-10k price range, and they've all left me unsatisfied.  I'm not saying these are perfect... I hear deficiencies in them, but still they have the right balance of qualities for me... Dynamics, neutrality, imaging, LF extension (slightly bloated, but in a nice way).  AND they just happen to mate with my room just right.  They also need the right amp to drive them... in my case a Bryston 4B-ST.  My crossovers are not stock anymore... I've upgraded the caps, bypassed the protection, and reoriented the inductors, to great improvements.  I've also tried the North Creek crossovers, and I did not like them at all.  These speakers are now 30 years old, and amazingly, not one snag on the gill cloths!  
richopp

Keep doing what you are doing, go down to your dealer and listen to a pair of Maggies--the new ones are all over the place with the number of panels, etc. (I personally prefer multiple panels per side) but make your own decisions.

I've been at this for a little while now, 4 decades of high end audio and 3 decades of sound recording and post production.... but thanks for the encouragement. ;-)