What do you consider the most musical speakers—$15000 & under

I thought mr_ m brought up a good point when when he said he would pick the most musical over the most accurate. His post was in "Searching for the Most Accurate Speaker under $15000"
zq1

Showing 2 responses by blindjim

How about combining words?

Musically accurate!

I can’t see how speakers can evade either adjective if it is to be considered as very good or beyond.

Speakers should sound like the musical information they need to create. Horns = horns. Trumpets should not sound like trombones. Drums = drums. Bongos ought not sound like Congas. Snares not akin to Tom Tom. Tom tom shouldn’t be heard as Tiffany. Reeds and strings? Should sound like reeds and strings. Tenor sax should not sound like alto sax.

And Cow bells should always be distinctive. Even when beaten repeatedly during ‘Don’t fear the Reeper’. If Christopher Walken is banging on one or not.

Connotatively musical and accuracy can be separated by gulfs or oceans. Its been said here already. Euphony on the one side for musical and the flip side of accuracy can imply clinical or analytical. Or worse still, sterile.

Musically accurate, if set side by each, seems to resolve any vague inferences and implications, and what I look for in loudspeakers.

What do you consider the most musical speakers—$15000 & under

Most any loudspeaker mated well to the room and matched properly with upstream components with synergy being the goal.

I’d rather have $100K upstream of $10K to $20K speakers , than the other way around.

IOW…. Although a speakers flaws can or may be obvious upon systematic auditions,
Keepin things ‘right sized’ sprks/room will help tremendously.

Ensuring the upstream gear is as exemplary as is possible will prevent the addition of more errors, and make for a much more involving presentation, even though these what ever speakers are not $15K MSRP.

As for a pick to the Ops question:

not having heard them, but on rep alone from nearly every review, the new Wilson Sabrinas seem to be pushing a lot of the hot buttons for a lot of audio first cats. Albeit, I should think too, one can cut a deal fairly easily at or under their MSRP.

Presuming nothing is already on site, If both amp and speakers are the target for less than $15K I’d have to fall into using an INT and nice speakers with the INT eating most of the budget like 60/40 or so. As much as $10K INT & $5K speakers, both as used but without these numbers being set to stone.

Separates could be swung too but I thought to present a simpler approach beginning with nothing at all on hand. Prices and RWV

Additionally…
The latest Andrew Jones stand mounted monitors and Gryphon Diablo 300 INT comes in new right at $15K.

Used…. Wilson Sophia III & PSA hybrid stereo amp ought to come in under the targeted figures. A preamp of sorts will be needed though.

New… Tekton ??? & VAC INT ought to be interesting..

Or as some might prefer new….
Maybe harbeth 30s and an Adcom pre and amp combo. Or NAD or NuForce receiver as some feel electronics are so equal these days,they do not matter as much as speakers do.