What kind of power cord comes with expensive gear

I was just pondering power cords today . I started wondering what kind of power cords come with expensive gear . Over A few grand up to cost no object pieces . If they come with run of the mill black rubber shielding cords i can convince myself to never buy an aftermarket power cable again .

Any owners of said equipment or with knowledge on this subject please chime in .
128x128maplegrovemusic

A manufacturer of expensive gear may ship with a stock black cord. But that is not what they will use to demonstrated their gear at shows. Audio Research ships their reference Series with cheap stock cords but they use expensive Shunyata cables at shows and in their factory listening room.
This may echo some of the other responses but,I am glad they don't offer more than a adequate powercord.
That give me the option to buy what I prefer. The debate about powercords can go on forever and a equipment manufacturer would be foolish to enter into that with a prejudice for one brand or another. I am not debating the effectiveness of aftermarket powercords, as I have on on 90% of my equipment. And I have a brand preference and would not like that idea that I paid an extra 200 or 500 dollars for a PC that I wouldn't use and couldn't sell. I could sell it because, I would need to keep it to maintain
all original equipmenty, packing and manuals for resale.
Quality power chords are required.

Ibought the REGA ISIS valve cdp and REGA OSIRIS integrated amp this past year. Each came bundled with a high-end power chord custom made for REGA by hi-end mfg. Klotz in Germany.

With the REGA kit, these bundled power cables actually outperform my other hi-end power chords terminated with either the top-of-the-line gold-plated FURUTECH or OYAIDE connectors.

The latter are crackin' good power chords by any standard (I've swapped them in and out with the REGAs)...it's just that the factory supplied REGAs work better with the REGA gear.
You just hit the nail on the head...and that is all you need to power up that amp/pre that so many here just spent a small fortune on. If that expensive highend amp/pre needed an after market anaconda power cord to sound it's best? Then the designers of said gear never heard their design at it's best..does that make sense?
I second what the previous two members said, and add the following:

The best power cord for audiophile purposes will be the best conductor of low frequencies and the best impediment to high frequencies, without restricting dynamics. Stock power cables are not very good in either respect. Indeed, I don't know any stock power cord that features any sort of high frequency rejection or attenuation. High frequency attenuation is important simply because the high frequencies that travel along power cords into your gear are the most invasive of frequencies: they are perhaps the most limiting factor to system performance. So, even if expensive gear comes with a basic power cable, these other reasons exist—independently of whether expensive equipment comes with cheap power cords—to investigate the effectiveness of power cords.

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but audiophiles generally accept that the quality of our gear's power supply has a significant impact on the end result of what we hear. For that reason alone, a serious music listener ought investigate the significance of the power cord. After all, as Robert Harley says (and others I'm sure), "from the gear's perspective, the power cord is the first six feet, not the last" (paraphrased). That is just to say that, despite it being at the end of hundreds of miles of electrical wiring, to the gear in question, the power cable is the most important wiring of it all.

Cheers,

Aaron