What power cable for DAC?

I've had my PS Audio Digital Link III for a couple weeks now. The first week I ran it off the factory power cord and it sounded quite good. I figured it could benefit from a better pc so I got a Pangea AC-14 from Audio Advisor. Now I know this isn't the greatest pc on the market, but for the price I thought I couldn't go wrong. It has made my system a lot brighter and subdued the low notes significantly. Does anyone have any suggestions for a better pc for this dac?? If it makes any difference, my Arcam integrated amp is running off a PS Audio Prelude SC pc.
vegas805
The most obvious choice would seem to be something from PS Audio. I like their power cords. They may not always be the best in every circumstance, but they never suck, and same-brand synergy is an attractive possibility. Many online PS Audio dealers offer a 30-day return period, so you could burn it in, try it out, and return it if it's a bad match.

I recently switched to all Zu cable in my 2-channel system--ICs, speaker cables, and power cords. The focus and synergy are beyond anything I had with mixed brands of cables. I'm not necessarily pushing for Zu; in fact, since you have a PS Audio DAC and are already using a PS Audio PC on your integrated, a PS Audio power cord for the DAC is the first logical place to look.
There is no obvious choice. Since power cords, speaker wires, and interconnect cables are simply a tone control, (there is no such thing as a straight wire with gain), the only way to truly determine what works in an individual system is to try it. There is no right answer.
04-11-11: Hifigeek1
There is no obvious choice.
Yes there is, as a starting point, with a 30-day eval period.
i agree Johnnyb. do some research on the AC series pc's and you'll see alot of positive comments. many are from folks with ps audio gear in their systems (like me). currently have a pwt/pwd w/bridge streaming from my pc. have 2 ac-5's, 2 ac-10's and one ac-3 powering the set-up. am very happy with there performance all around, including non ps audio gear. if the mfg of your equiptment offer's power cords as well...they would be my obvious starting point in the journy.

that being said....don't want to pretend i compared them to a bunch of other pc's. have only tried three different pc's total. the ac-5's and ac-10's sounded best to my ears every time. try a couple more just to confirm. use companies with good return policy's or buy/sell used like i did. it won't cost much and you'll end up with what *you* like best.

cheers
Lev
I would have to agree with the Audioquest NRG 3 recommendation. I'm sure there are other cables that would fit your needs, but I know first hand that the NRG 3 works well with the DL III. It is even touted as being designed for digital components. I have one on my PS3 as well.

I cannot say that I did a comparison of cables before and after, but I do not have a need to upgrade and that to me is the main goal. I don't know about you, but trial and error followed by trial and error gets old.

Ps Audio makes decent cables as well, but IMO their lower level stuff is just mainly built to be better than stock. Maybe just mark-up items? Otherwise, why not include some with their electronic products instead of recommending the purchase of them in their product's literature. Just doesn't seem right. I'm not bashing PS Audio. I have the DL III, the Juice Bar II, and an Ultimate Outlet which are all great products. I am just not a fan of their cable side.

Music Direct was at one time closing out the NRG 3's at substantial discounts. That's where I got both of mine.