where best to spend $2-3000 upgrade dollars in my system

Looking for help/opinions on where to best spend upgrade dollars in my system and recommendations.

Here's my current set up:

Musical Fidelity A300CR dual mono power amp

Musical Fidelity A3.2CR dual mono preamp

Musical Fidelity A5 CD Player

Kyocera T910 digital tuner

VPI Aries Scout with Dynavector MC 2x20 cart

Klipsch Cornwall II speakers

Also using Monster Cable Z2 Reference speaker cable, Cardas micro-twin phono cable, Van Den Hul D102MKIII cable for CD, and KimberKable PBJ for the rest

Lastly, using Furman Elite 15DMi line filter/power conditioner

Look forward to hearing ideas, thanks

bksuperphon2

Showing 5 responses by lak

My first set of question would be:

Are you in need of any room treatments and/or have you installed any?

Do you have dedicated circuit breakers for your audio components?

Are you using high-grade AC outlets for your audio components?
@bksuperphon2, In my opinion, most systems will improve if they are powered by at least one (but two or three would be better) dedicated 20 amp circuits with each circuit having its own 20 amp breaker. Would require work performed by someone that knows what they are doing or a licensed electrician.
The upgraded AC duplex outlets could be installed where your current outlets are. I prefer the Furutech GTX-D Rhodium or the Furutech GTX-D NCF(R) outlets. If you don't want to spend that much money, I also like The Porter Port AC outlet that Albert Porter (Audiogon member sells). Not to long ago I saw Alberts ad for the outlets ($41/each) but I don't see them currently, or I missed them.
You need someone with a trained ear to listen to your music with your rig to determine if you are in need of some room treatments. Or you could research the topic on your own, online.
If you wanted a tube Phono Preamp I would suggest the Allnic H-1201.
Lots of good advice listed in the recommendations above!
How are you going to decide where to spemd your funds?
Sounds like a good plan, I commend you for it ;-)
When you are ready for tube phono preamp, and there are many good ones available be sure to take a look at the Allnic H-1201 tube phono amp.