Where to improve phono chain?

My current system consists of Nola Baby Grands, A. Research Ref. 150 amp and A. Research Ref. 5 preamp, Tom Evans Micro Groove phono preamp, SME V arm, SOTA Cosmos table and recently re-tipped Jeff Rowland cartridge.

My musical preferences range from opera to jazz to rock.

I'd like to improve the phono section of this chain, but I'm not sure where to begin. My initial suspects are the Tom Evans phono-pre, or the Rowland stylus.

Any thought/opinions on this will be appreciated.

Thanks, Shaq
128x128shaq
Shaq ...

Don't overlook your turntable belt. Get a custom belt from Originlive in the UK. Huge improvement with my Well Tempered table. Here's the link:

http://www.originlive.com/

Happy listening ...
How much are you spending Shaq? What is it that you want from your front end - more musical sound - or is it higher resolution.
If it's being more 'musical' then consider an EAR 834P for instance (good value and very musical)
I am told the Rowland is a good cartridge - so a retip/cantilever is a good idea - Soundmith in the US and Northern Analogue (I think) UK are good at tipping etc.
I tried a microgroove and found it enthusiastic and energetic - if that is what you like go for 'the groove' or try the Naim phono stage
In 10 months the OP has never acknowledged a single suggestion. I doubt he even remembers the question.
What a shame.. after 10 months since Shaq's initial post, all of the people willing and able to help, and not ONE remark from the original poster!