Whest PS.30RDT vs Herron VTPH-2 vs Modwright 9.0SE

I'd be interested in thoughts on these. I've currently got a Whest PS.30 and am considering an upgrade to the RDT version or going with tubes to either the Herron or the Modwright. Cartridge will likely be a low output coil (Dynavector or Lyra) and the phonostage will feed a Modwright LS36.5 to a KWA150 driving Daedalus DA-1.1's. Table is a VPI Scout.

I like the Whest but could envision a bit more "bloom" and "dimensionality". I don't want to sacrifice neutrality however.
dodgealum
Dodgealum...have you switched over to Modwright or do you still have your ARC pre/power amps?
If you want to stick with Whest, one possibility that you might want to consider would be to upgrade to a PS.30RDT SE. You can scan some of the recent discussion about the PS.30RDT SE and discern what you may from the comments posted about the unit. Crystalref and Dcarol heve each upgraded from a PS.30RDT and have posted very favorable comments about the PS.30RDT SE.
Dodgealum

I went from the 30R to 30RDT and then 30RDT Special Edition and at each stage I heard and experienced a marqued and massive upgrade in audio across the board. I would either get the RDT or send yours in to Whest for upgrading to the RDT or even the Special Edition if you can budget for it.

Going to the Modwright or Herron will actually be a downgrade on what you already have. Don't look at the price but take a listen. The Whest 30 series are by far the highest quality for the money stages around.
Dcarol:

Have you had the chance to compare thet RDT or SE version of the Whest to the Modwright and the Herron in the same system? Just wondering how you have come to the conclusion that the other units would be "a downgrade".