Which bookshelf speakers to choose: Focal Sopra 1 or B&W 805D3 or KEF Ref 1?

I'm in the market to upgrade my 2.1 system that is currently composed of Monitor Audio Gold GX 100 bookshelf speakers powered by a Hegel Rost Integrated and backed up by a Rel T/5i sub.

I've been exploring the B&W 805D3 but cannot find a KEF dealer in Denver, CO.  Shame on you KEF.  

Everyone I spoke to said I owe it to myself to listen to the Focal Sopra No 1 before making my decision.

Any thoughts on which direction to go here?
gtlatsis
Looking forward to your impressions. I’ve got the Focal 1008be2, an after hearing the KEF LS50W I’m looking to hear the R3 and the Ref1.

Of the speakers you listed, the Focal Sopra 1 are my favorites. I’ve heard them multiple times and liked what I heard.  I have auditioned all of them, including at the same place with the same front end.
Wow t66supra - the opportunity to audition all three at the same place sounds like a rare chance.

Thank you for your input.
I own B&W 804D3s which have one of the top five tweeters I’ve heard. Probably cant go wrong with the 805s. If these will be on your desk, or very close, I'd use the KEFs with their Uni-Q driver.
I've always been a B&W kind of guy, their latest technology is even better than previous models. I've briefly owned Focal, and auditioned KEF and my preference was always B&W. I'm biased I guess.
B&W are usually too bright unless you are getting on in years, so it’s not the choice for me (<25). Plus, their dips around the crossover are a no-go for me as well (there is no backing for the “BBC dip”, the LS3/5a has huge off-axis energy, it had nothing to do with flat-ish not being  ideal). 

You can’t go wrong between that Focal and that KEF model. If you won’t have a sub, I would just go with the one with deeper bass.
I have only heard the 805D3. I thought it sounded ok but no way would I buy it for the asking price. It was meh for me and sounded like a small speaker that was trying to sound bigger than it was... if that makes sense. 

The bass drew attention to itself with a noticeable bump in the bass but lacked any real depth. I swear I could here port noise too. The highs were good quality but pretty tipped up in B&W fashion. 

Kef is the most laid back of the 3, the B&W is the most tipped up in a smiley face EQ way, and the Focal is slightly hotter than neutral.

My order of preference from my listening tests would be Reference 1 > Sopra 1 > B&W 805D3
What's your room size, near field listening, associated electronics, and type of music? 

I have the KEF Reference 1's in my office. They sit on either end of an 8' long by 42" deep desk and are driven by a Hegel H590. Incredible combination. I'm very satisfied.

I haven't heard the 805 or sopra's.... Owned the Focal 1007 Be bookshelf driven by a mcintosh integrated about a decade ago..... Enjoyable setup but current combo kills it. Good luck!
Thanks everyone for your advice and experience.

I reached out to KEF who gave me a local contact to demo the Ref 1.

Turns out the local contact is a custom installer only and does not have a showroom facility to demo.

When I reached back out to KEF to update them and ask for another contact they simply said the one given to me is the best they have.

Wow!  How has KEF fallen!