Who are some of elite sub woofers?

Looking to replace Klipsch 12d

So many choices.
awooof

Showing 3 responses by jji666

For music it is Rel, Rel, Rel.  They're not amazing home theater subs as they don't scare the heck out of you when something explodes on screen.  But they're awesome for music - they don't make the room shake, they make vocals sound real.  I also agree that more than one can even out the room response tremendously..  
You are crossing over way too high if you can hear vocals from your subwoofer.
Crossing over? I just have subwoofers.  I'm supposed to have other speakers?

Uhh...your speakers?
Nevermind.  I had read your first post to me as being a bit condescending but maybe you really intended to be helpful. So I will holster my sarcasm this morning. Sorry if I baited you.  

My point was, REL subwoofers are designed to do more than shake the room with air pressure during a bass drum kick or movie explosion. I don't know the mechanics precisely, but I have enjoyed Rels because they seem to enhance the whole frequency spectrum (obviously without actually reproducing anything above the setting on the low pass filter), and in a way better and different from other subs, for music. Maybe that is just another way of saying they really dial in well for music.

And that includes vocals.  With the Rels engaged, vocals also sound better.  That does not mean I can "hear vocals through my subwoofer."