Why no soud in Sonic Frontiers Line 2 SE preamp

I have Sonic Frontiers Line 2 SE preamp. Every function is working, but no output sound. Badly need advice for direction. Tubes are fine, Mute function works fine, Standby function works. I do not use remote control. When I turn on the line 2, there two red lights on main board. I contacted Part Connection and thy suggested new matched tube set. I borrowed new set and it still did not make output sound. Please help me.
thyssen
Yes I have checked all connections and source outputs and even my power amp. They are all normal. Though, still my preamp sound level is too low. Why is my preamp output too low? what might be the main reason?
12-16-13: Thyssen

How does the music sound when listening to music from your system? Can you turn the volume control knob untill you reach the volume level that you desire? Does the sound start to distort?

Do you still have the remote control? If so, try using it to control the volume. The volume control knob on the preamp operates an optical reader. Maybe it is going bad. ???

The remote control operation, my understanding, does not use the optical reader.
JEA48,Yes, when I increased sound leel to my normal listening level, sound from speaker are extremely distorted. Unfortunately, I do not have the remote control. Do you think my preamp was limited output level by remote controller? Is there any method that I can check optical reader. Thanks!