Why Power Cables Affect Sound

I just bought a new CD player and was underwhelmed with it compared to my cheaper, lower quality CD player. That’s when it hit me that my cheaper CD player is using an upgraded power cable. When I put an upgraded power cable on my new CD player, the sound was instantly transformed: the treble was tamed, the music was more dynamic and lifelike, and overall more musical. 

This got me thinking as to how in the world a power cable can affect sound. I want to hear all of your ideas. Here’s one of my ideas:

I have heard from many sources that a good power cable is made of multiple gauge conductors from large gauge to small gauge. The electrons in a power cable are like a train with each electron acting as a train car. When a treble note is played, for example, the small gauge wires can react quickly because that “train” has much less mass than a large gauge conductor. If you only had one large gauge conductor, you would need to accelerate a very large train for a small, quick treble note, and this leads to poor dynamics. A similar analogy might be water in a pipe. A small pipe can react much quicker to higher frequencies than a large pipe due to the decreased mass/momentum of the water in the pipe. 

That’s one of my ideas. Now I want to hear your thoughts and have a general discussion of why power cables matter. 

If you don’t think power cables matter at all, please refrain from derailing the conversation with antagonism. There a time and place for that but not in this thread please. 
128x128mkgus
After adding the last two PS Audio Noise Harvesters because they reduced that line noise to 006, my sound was a little lean. switching to a Furutech Rhodium plug set with DH Labs wire helped, but a bit too heavy then. Going back to the Pangea AC14XL nice and clear but a bit thin. Quandary. This one spot only. The Outlet to the Furman REF 20. Well I happened on the solution! I had another Furutech/DH Labs on the amp. Took that one off and put the Pangea AC14XL there. with the DH Labs on the Furman. Perfect.. just right sound. All you guys saying power cords are just power cords.  Really the only news here for normal audiophiles if the fact of having different cords let me adjust he sound to perfection. If I had all one model/brand. I would not have been able to adjust to such a fine degree.
Very expensive power cable that plug into the house wall socket which is then connected to some common construction ROMEX plastic covered cable. What's the point?
Post removed