Wilson's new speaker the Sasha is coming.

THere is a teaser on their website. Looks beautiful if you can make out the images. I think it is a step up from the WP generation. Maybe a replacement.
dgad

Showing 1 response by krellfan2002

Well you know that Wilson Audio is going to change their Watt / Puppy every 3 year. That's why Wilson Audio speakers are the fastest depreciating speakers in the market. For example the Watt / Puppy 7 was 3 years ago around 30.000 euro in Holland but now you can not even get 10.000 for them. So unless you have a lot of money to throw a Wilson speaker is an excellent speaker to buy second hand since you never get more than 30-35% of the new price second hand.

So good news for all that wanted to buy a Puppy 8. I am sure in a few months time they will go for 10.000 euro.

In Holland the rumour is also that the Watt / Puppy 8 will be taken over by the Sasha and that it will be cheaper and better. So Wilson brings a better speaker for less money. I guess they must feel the crisis to.

For somebody that wants to buy the Sasha and does not have the money, just wait 2 years until Wilson brings the Sasha two out and then it goes for 30% of the new price again.

I love Wilson speakers and play now with the Maxx but I would never buy them new for the above mentioned reasons. A B&W N802 of 8 years old still brings 50% f the new price.

The real reason for the change could be the flop of the Puppy 8. A lot of people preferred the Puppy 7 and therefore did not buy the Puppy 8. Now with a new speaker coming up these people might be conviced to change also.

Peter