Toyota Camry LE has a Pretty Good Sound System

Not excellent, or "mind blowing" mind you.

Of course, there are myriads of you who have better. I'm not interested in a contest, merely commenting that the stock radio in cars can be pretty good.

At one time I wrote a casual review of the Best Buy Insignia speakers; tremendously good for the $50 (at the time) I spent. No, not high grade, but very practical, acceptable run of the mill sound.

So also with the Camry "rig". I'm surprised at the improvement in clarity, and balance in the sound. I had to crank down the bass, as it was bloated if pushed much beyond the mid-point setting. I'm very surprised at the nuance and delicacy of the treble! It's a much more sensitive and pleasing radio than the 2003 Nissan Altima 2.5S I just sold.

I know this is all very weighty stuff for our illustrious forum. But you never know, there may be some who buy cars using audio as an important gauge. Me? I didn't give a rip about the radio, never asked about it, didn't give it a listen until I took possession of the car. I'm deeply into home audio, and there's still way too much permanently wrong with the listening environment of a car to care deeply about it (again, not arguing, just my perspective).

But it IS nice to have an upgrade to the car sound.

Anyone else surprised by a stock car radio/system? :)
douglas_schroeder
My wife said is was foolish to have a car that got 9mpg and still couldn't fit 3 kids.

That is what she said. What she was thinking was entirely another matter.

..."My husband drives a foolishly expensive sports car that could fit 1 GF"
Shadorne,

Don't you have to go practice your drums?? HAHAHA :)

Actually, the other contributing factor is that my wife was diagnosed with MS 2 yrs ago and now she has to wear a brace. The car's size was not conducive to getting in and out.

She is the greatest person in the world and I would do anything for her...BUT..

the great sound of the music in the Camry doesn't replace the 400hp with the top down....Darn, now you got me thinking about it again...I need to go watch some Rush!!
How awful - I hope this new drug will soon be available - I can't remember the name but from what I read it is promising and I hope your wife can get access to it.