Need basic iPod help...

I am looking for advice (or a good link) on how to get the best performance from my iPod (both iTunes downloads and my own burned CD's) when connected to my AV receiver. I'm assuming this gets discussed to-death, but I have not found the good info I am looking for.

Thank in advance!
Ag insider logo xs@2xheadshrinker2
Ckorody,
Thanks for the suggestion to buy used CD's on Amazon. Certainly makes a lot of sense. I will explore this option. Is Amazon one of the better places to look for used music?

iTunes is like buying a candy bar in the check-out aisle of the grocery store. Immediate and convenient, but not very good for you...
I agree that for any kind of critical listening you'd want the highest quality file possible for your music server, CD quality at a minimum and even higher if you can find it.

But, I listen to music in a lot of situations, planes, the gym, in the car, where the difference between a 256kbps mp3 and a lossless file just isn't audible. Being able to download and discover new music conveniently and cheaply is great. I don't get a lot of music from iTunes but have a subscription to emusic.com that I've found to be great for exploring music I might not otherwise ever know about.
Headshrinker

I like Amazon as opposed to ebay because I get a lot out of reading the reviews and commentary - very handy as you discover new "families". I also like the samples. And of course I get my cover art there too. Plus you have big brother Amazon behind each deal - in the very rare case of a problem (like 2 in four years) they can put the lean on.

I am sure there are others but this has been a really nice all in one for me and the offering is very broad.
Amazon also fixes shipping charges their CD and LP sellers can charge too. $2.69 for a CD I believe. I've been happy buying used and new CD's from Amazons' sellers. Amazon has some great deals of their own too.