Please disclose your commercial affiliation

I am not going to mention names or products, but I think most Audiogoneers have read a number of product reviews or threads and have wondered if the writer is one way or the other commercially associated with that product.

I number of folks do sometimes do push a product so hard or vehemently defend any negative comments about a particular product in way that actually revels their affiliation.

Insiders, you know who you are.

Would you agree that if you are associated with a product, it is fair to the community to disclose your affiliation
ajackson1
With regard to the conflict of interest: in my own case, I simply respond to questions that I actually know the answer to. I try to avoid directly recommending our gear, though I am often tempted. It just seems to me that if you go for that bait that it will catch up with you sooner or later. The sockpuppets seem to loose credibility... and also seem rather obvious.
hi macrojack:

you're a genius. if i stated what you stated, i would be villified. instead, you have been ignored. you are a breath of fresh air and sanity. thank you for your wisdom.

i would like to add that an incognito dealer does not gain from touting a product. he/she won't gain a sale because his/her idendity is hidden. hence it doesn't matter whether an audio professional reveals his/her affiliation.

all recommendations should be confirmed. let your ears decide, not someone else's mouth.
I reject the notion of dismissing opinions.

Enough positive or negative opinions about a given component can provide a good indication that the item should be investigated further or dismissed, especially if the opinion(s) is from someone whose preferences coincide with your own.

This is independent of dealers or manufacturers who have reason to financially benefit by recommending equipment they sell or build, which as far as I can tell is the original premise of this thread.