Anyone else in my shoes? Ears going.........

I just turned 63 and I think I'm going to have to settle for the gear I have with no more improvements. I don't think I can hear the differance any more.

I think I have a pretty good HT setup and a very nice analog rig (for what I can afford), but I think I've reached the point of diminishing returns as far as my aging ears go.

On the plus side, I really enjoy what I have, and my headphone amp and Sennheiser 650's really maximize what's left when I choose the headphoen option.
joe_in_seattle
Do you realize most of the audio equipment reviewers in magazines are over 50 as well? They are not super human. Imagine what they are hearing now and ask ourselves how much can their reviews be trusted?
It is a fear of mine as I just hit 53. I kinda like Zenieth's idea. "Viva Ear-igra!". It's all nerve endings in the ear isn't it? Hope I am just looking for hope.
Ear-igra is not for everyone- just men who are healthy enough to listen to music. If you have a listening session that lasts more than 4 hours, you should seek an audiologist's help immediately.
There is far more to music than just frequency response - think distortion, pitch, timbre, timing, etc. In fact each of us has such a unique combination of frequency response and varying sensitivity to the other factors that it's a wonder that other peoples opinions on the sound of gear are any use at all. As has been said many other times - if you hear a difference and it's good then that's all that matters.

Dick
Say it ain't so Joe

Plenty of hearing left in my Olddddd ears. You need to get out and listen some more.