You are a KEEPER or a SELLER?

Everyone tends to collect stuff. But some are better at shedding excess stuff than others. I find it hard to sell stuff nowadays.. I can remember stuff I DID own and sold, much to my later regret. And stuff I bought and for my life can't figure out what I was thinking when I bought THAT chunk of junk. So my question is;
Are you a KEEPER, or a SELLER? or a little of both?'Just how many extra bits and do-dads do we each have tucked away? Some have dozens of slightly used cartridges in a cigar box. Other had a garage filled with exotic electronics. Another piles of cables.. Some all of everything.Then those spare, remarkable folks who have one perfect system with NO junk in storage.
Anyway, i have extra stuff. i currently own FIVE turntables and tell myself constantly to sell at least two of them.. I have two amps, three preamps, seven Cd spinners... A closetshelf full of various interconnects (I just hate them getting tangled up)
Extra powerline conditioners, I have way too many..
Stuff i WISH I had: piles of NOS tubes.. A few more great carts.. just to sit there...
This is all BESIDES the music.
What've YOU got?
elizabeth
I sell till there's something I want to keep. I had my Altis Ref dac for 12 years until selling it last year.
My problem is that I only buy stuff I like, and then, since it is stuff I like, I can't part with it. I give some away now and then, in the remote hope of kindling a similar appreciation in some other poor soul, but since my wife makes me buy a larger house every ten years or so, there is always another closet. What I really like about this is that I can listen to what I thought I liked thirty years ago, source to speaker, and transport myself back... I think these recesses of the mind would die otherwise.

A few times a year, I upgrade some of my LPs to mint original or collectible audiophile pressings, and take a foot-high pile to our local used record store. I have six very nice cabinets and this is all the volume I allow myself to own.

Be honest-- How many of you deliberately do NOT count how many components you have, and do NOT display all of it at once? Do any of you have a spare linen closet with all your spare turntables on each of the shelves? Not that I do...
I only collect cats. And newspapers. And twist-ties. And pretty seashells. And... oh never mind.
Eb, and Flow. Keep a few pieces, sell a few pieces. I sold two pieces this week, and found three. I buy to sell often, and rarely find anything I like that I can find cheap. Everything else is tested, and finds a home.
It is nice to have a few extra nice units. Especially as backups. I have never had a unit fail on me yet, and everything I own is older. No tube units.
Seller, definitely and the reason is room. Living in the UK, we do not have as much storage space as you guys. That is a useful discipline. I have one of everything I need, well not CDs and LPs , I have more than one of those. My shelf space is full to, so my software buying is right down.