What of your CD's have good sonics?

I have been amazed at the number of CD's are so bad I can't bare to listen to them on my system. It seems like over half are difficult to listen to. Vinyl seems about the same. I have been buying some classic rock albums from a local used record store and am surprised at how many of them sound bad. Most of the jazz albums I buy are usually quite good. How is it with you guys?
catfishbob
I second the U2's " War" as unbearable. Yesterday I started listening to the CD and could not believe how poor the SQ was. I injured my shoulder reaching for the mute.
This discussion is again between folks who listen for sonics all the time, vs folks who just listen to the music all the time.
When one listens to the sonics of the system all the time then you are basically in 'critical listening' all the time. A hell I am grateful I can avoid. And you should too. Just turn off the paying constant attention to the sonics.. it IS hard to do, but can be learned.. and you WILL be better off.
The audiophile who does 'critical listening' to tune in or modify the system, then can turn off the 'critical listening' is in a much more comfortable place, as they can then just listen to the music, and forget about the sonics and system. The folks who can never turn off the 'critical listening' are ALWAYS focused on the sonics... so of course they cannot stand bad recordings... The bad recordings make the system sound bad. And they hate to have it sound bad, 'cuz they are 'listening critically'.
Am I being too critical here? LOL
I bought a Police L.P. a few weeks ago and it sounded so shrill and thin that I'm not sure I can stand to listen to it again. I found a Mark O'conner CD, "Nashville Cats", And it was so thin I couldnt even listen to it and I thought that it would be good since most of Marks stuff is excellent.

Photon46, I am not literate enough in this language to be too specific, but if it sounds too thin I dont enjoy it. The exception being late at night when the women want to dance! I quit listening to the AM in the car years ago because it was not pleasurable to me. I think I'm sensitive to too mush treble but I have to have the detail which seems to be a contradiction. That's why I wanted to find out how others fared. I guess I need someone else to listen to my system to see if they hear the same thing.
Elizabeth, you make a good point and you describe a trap I want no part of.
I will still listen to the U2 War recording in the car, on headphones at the gym, out in the patio etc. Not all of the music I listen to on my main system has to be top notch recordings. But this was bad, real bad. I could probably put it on as background music if I was in another room, and just be very careful about walking into the living room so I don't injure myself again.