wadia & iPod, anybody happy with it?

I'm thinking about moving to sometype of music server or music streamer and the iPod / wadia dock solution appeals to me however I see a constant stream of wadia docks on here. My question is, is anybody loving this setup? If not why not? Thanks :)
jaxwired
I have MSB Tech ilink and it is awsome I will never use a cd player ever again. I heard from a dealer at CES that
Wadia sounds real bad and has some issues
I heard from a dealer at CES that Wadia sounds real bad and has some issues
No experience here. My results says otherwise. There a number of reviews out there as well if the OP does some looking.
Wadia is coming out with another transport -- supposedly more functional -- look for it in September. I use the 170i now -- newly acquired -- a bit of a pain but makes you work on getting playlists tighter. Solid recommendations on upgrading the power supply are out there too. I am considering this.
I have the Wadia 170 with the ipod classic 160gb and to me it sounds good but not in par with my Mark Levinson transport BUT I believe the problem is with my rips that are all poor sounding mp3,I will need to re-rip when I get the time.
The remote is functional but its plastic card type and it looks and feels cheap.
I believe the 170 is a good product and certainly has it's uses,for example bring the ipod in from the car ,dock it on the wadia and you got instant tunes.
Regards
George

Jax, curious any particular reason why you're leaning towards the dock/pod solution over the NAS/server solution?

I have both solutions implemented in some way and both delivers sonically and of course on convenience, with the dock/pod solution limited only in terms of capacity, but then again I'm quite satisfied even with over 4k lossless files in it.

Btw, I see you completed significant upgrades from the last time I peeked at your system. Nice!