Middle Eastern, North African music these days?

Anyone playing something?
inna
Not North African/Middle Eastern but rather sub-Saharan, I have been greatly enjoying-

The Good Ones: Kigali y Izahabu from 2010.

Available on vinyl (Dead Oceans label), and recorded in a single evening on a back porch in Rwanda's capital. Brilliant.
Quadro Nuevo did two CDs with Turkish and Middle Eastern flavorings when traveling there. They are 'Mocca Flor' and 'Antakya'. They run the gamut from whimsy to heartfelt and are outstanding musicians.
Also, check out anything by Anouar Brahem. Anything by him is a treat for the ears. His latest, 'The Astounding Eyes of Rita' is probably his most accessible.
I'll have to check out the aforementioned artists. Thanks for starting this thread.
Is Masekela north African, or south African? Anyway, I like him a a lot. Also, Dudu Pakwana. This makes me want to go through that stack of s. African jazz a friend gave me a while back.

Oh, yeah. Another one came to mind. Dollar Brand, who later became Abdullah Ibrahim.

Sorry if my geography is too far off topic. ;-)

Dan_ed, your geography is on topic, Hugh Mesekela is from South Africa; but his music is jazz with an African tilt.

Inna, Rabbi Abbou Kahlil is another Middle Eastern artist you might like. There are really a lot of very different flavors from that area. I suggest you sample and tell us what you like best. Since there are a number of people here who listen to what you want to hear, after you narrow this broad river; we can be of more help.
Different styles, cool to listen to, down-beat rhythms.

Shahin & Sepehr "One Thousand & One Nights" and "Aria"

Arkenstone "African Skies" Adventure Cargo

Cheb Khaled & Safy Boutella "Kutche" or self-titled "Khaled"

Have fun.